buzzer intermittent on idle?

Featured Posts

have an Isuzu marine control panel with the key and warning lights. 11 years old. Just recently after a prolonged run, when I put it into idle the buzzer sounds and is like an intermittent click- no pattern to it and not as loud as when you turn on the key to start. Does not do this all of the time.

None of the warning lights come on. Worried if this is a warning or could it just be a faulty buzzer- any ideas would be welcomed

Does sound like it might be a dodgy connection of some sort. The plugs on the engine wiring harness are often a source of problems. I have known people to say simply unplug them and replug and faults have cleared.

I had exactly the same on my Isuzu. I think it's a false low oil pressure warning after the pressure has been higher from your long run. Check the oil level anyway if you haven't already done so.

As you said after a prolonged run it could be the oil is thin due to the heat and oil pressure is slightly low on tickover, does it stop if you put on a few more revs?

Neil

My alarm stops when I put on more revs and increase the pessure, so I think you're right. It hasnt happened again since I changed the oil and filter.

So if the buzzer is sounding after a run it sounds like tickover pressure is marginal.

If the pressure is marginal is enough lubrication getting to the valve gear?

Many moons ago when I was a student I had a mini with low oil pressure. The oil light always came on when decelerating on the motorway slip road. The engine continued to give good service until I was able to swap it out. £20 for a replacement from a scrappie in those days.

My beta had a very similar problem, buzzer would whine on tickover after a run. Never came on full just a slight noise.

The cause was a duff diode in the alternator so if yours uses one buzzer for temperature, oil pressure and ignition you need to make sure by disconnecting each warning in turn until it goes away