Fitting a Hospital Exhaust

Geani

Featured Posts

Hi I am still bewildered about fitting a new Hospital exhaust I just don't know how to go about the brackets or does it need straps I need help does anyone know anyone near March in Cambridgeshire that could fit the exhaust for us?

Hi I am still bewildered about fitting a new Hospital exhaust I just don't know how to go about the brackets or does it need straps I need help does anyone know anyone near March in Cambridgeshire that could fit the exhaust for us?

The ones I've seen are just lashed down on a couple of chocks on the uxter plate with flexible exhaust tubing to the manifold.

Edited by bizzard

The ones I've seen are just lashed down on a couple of chocks on the uxter plate with flexible exhaust tubing to the manifold.

If there are suspension tags on the silencer it shouldn't be difficult to suspend it off the uxter plate with flexible exhaust straps. Would stop the transmitted noise too by not touching the hull and only leave the outlet pipe to the hull skin fitting in contact, albeit that can also be of the flexible braided type.

Suspension straps and the fixings will need to be pretty beefy, those silencers are very heavy.

The best bet is probably to make from timber a couple of shaped saddles for the silencer to rest in, they can be glued down to the uxter with epoxy. The saddle could be lined with heat proof material, like layers of old fire blanket and strap down bands to hold the silencer down on it. Metal band straps, and pipe fittings should be available from the Hospital silencer supplier.

Edited by bizzard