Thames visitor licenses for narrowboats

magnetman

Featured Posts

Its that time of year when I start thinking about the Thames. Not having a Gold License (£214 more than a standard license) I was wondering how much it is for visitor licenses.

Don't know if this has been done by someone already, maybe there's a link for it, but because of the Thames licenses being charged by square metres (which makes a lot of sense :cheers: I think) its a bit tricky to find out how much it will be for a 15 day or 31 day license for a NARROWBOAT. I've done some calcs and these are the figures I've come up with from a scanned document using the square metres method on teddington-lock.co.uk.

Visitor license costs 2007 for the Thames for narrowboats assuming 2.1m beam which is 6ft 10 inches. Its all plus or minus an inch or two (as the actress said to the bishop). Only done 15 and 31 day licenses as I like to dawdle when on the river.

Up TO 23ft 5 in

15d £45.50

31d £54

Up to 31ft 3 in

15d £54

31D £68

up to 39ft 1in

15d £63

31d £82.50

up to 46ft 11in

15d £75.50

31d £99

up to 54ft 8in

15d £88.50

31d £117.50 (inc vat?)

up to 62ft 6in

15d £103

31d £130

up to 70ft 3in

15d £117.50

31d £142

NB over 70ft 3in in length

15d £130

31d £160

Please correct me, someone, if I've ballsed this up. (ONLY APPLIES TO NARROWBOATS).

Edited by magnetman

:cheers: Knew it would be somewhere but I did lots of goggling (oo) and couldn't find it.

(can't seem to load that link...)

Try this link and then scroll down to near the bottom of the page - there's a link there (Thames visitor application form 2007)

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subje...n=1〈=_e

Edited by blackrose

My acrobat reader 'encountered a problem and needs to close" Send error report?

53'9" I think it's £88.50 for a 15 day one.

Yes that's right.

34.45m2

1 day: £26.50

15 days: £88.50

30 days: £117.50 (edit - sorry that's 31 days) Gotta get your money's worth at those prices!

Edited by blackrose

• 3 weeks later...
It takes a whole minute to download!!! That's what it was, oh well patience is a virtue I don't possess, I leave patience to doctors.

If you go to my site , www.teddington-lock.co.uk , there is a scan of our actual price list , doesn't take any time to download and is easy to use !!

Hope to see you all soon ...