Deposit down on a Colecraft 60'

Skyraker

Featured Posts

Congratulations!

Good, unfussy boats, Colecraft.

Not sure about the name though, I've seen quite a lot of boats called that, mostly on the Thames. 'Clever and amusing' names wear thin pretty quickly in my experience. At least it isn't called 'Narrow Escape' though!

Happy boating and NO CRASHING.

:)

MtB

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=409521

Managed to haggle somewhat, the exterior paintwork needs some attention, but apart from that I think she's a fine craft.

The name is fitting dontyathink?

Look forward to crashing in you you all in the near future.

Cheers

Des

Expellent biggrin.png Good boats the mondeo of the waterways and nice to see it has electrolux fitted an awesome bit of kit.

Tim

Thanks I think (mondeo) ;)

I would have gone for the name under my avatar, but alas the missus holds more seats in the household parliament and I've been threatened with a vote of no confidence if I even consider it.

Edited by Skyraker

Thanks I think (mondeo) wink.png

I would have gone for the name under my avatar, but alas the missus holds more seats in the household parliament and I've been threatened with a vote of no confidence if I even consider it.

Ah, you mean your boat isn't the same as the boat name listed on your avatar?

Ah, you mean your boat isn't the same as the boat name listed on your avatar?

This is my first boat.

I always knew there was a boat out there for me, it just didn't know its name yet, hence the avatar boat name.

I've been informed the boat will be called Tarka after a ferret she was particularly fond of.

Ah I see!

Not Tarka because she loves indian food then? Tarka Dharl is DIVINE, food of the gods biggrin.png

Spiced otter with lentils, is it not?

That's a guess, but Indian food is often otter.

Colecraft = decent quality. I was taken through a 12'6" Colecraft widebeam the other day. Very very nice.

I almost felt a twinge for a WB - but it soon passed!

I think Mondeo is a bit harsh - more like a BMW 3 series.

Edited by mark99

Colecraft = decent quality. I was taken through a 12'6" Colecraft widebeam the other day. Very very nice.

I almost felt a twinge for a WB - but it soon passed!

I think Mondeo is a bit harsh - more like a BMW 3 series.

ohmy.png The " Mondeo " label was not meant to be harsh. My present boat is my second Colecraft. They are very good middle of the road bog standard shells with a very good finish and good value for money usualy. I dont drive a mondeo but are they not bog standard middle of the road ? and personaly I put them above an overpriced over here little bmer.

Tim

Sorry to gang up against you, but your mrs is right about this. There are already around four or five boats with that name floating around the system. Even (or perhaps I especially) the cleverest punning boat name can lose its charm through repetition!

Sorry to gang up against you, but your mrs is right about this. There are already around four or five boats with that name floating around the system. Even (or perhaps I especially) the cleverest punning boat name can lose its charm through repetition!

Exactly what I was trying to say, and not succeeding so eloquently.

The only clever pun name I might ever consider would be when I start CCing in earnest. Call my boat 'Dunroamin'.

Ok, NO!

ohmy.png The " Mondeo " label was not meant to be harsh. My present boat is my second Colecraft. They are very good middle of the road bog standard shells with a very good finish and good value for money usualy. I dont drive a mondeo but are they not bog standard middle of the road ? and personaly I put them above an overpriced over here little bmer.

Tim

Perhaps it's their nickname (Mundane-O). ;)

I must admit to being very happy with my Colecraft. There again I do drive a Peugot. Am down at Penkridge at to moment so might see you about.

Are there any long term moorings down in penk. ?

I couldnt see anything on the crt site so im likely to hole up at Hatherton Marina.