Old Spot

OldPeculier

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my lovely worktop has suffered from the heat of the fire and has opened up along one of the joints. I have been wondering how to fix this for a while. The difficult part being how to clamp it now that it is fixed in place. Last night I came up with the idea of using a ratchet strap anchored to a bolt screwed into a hole drilled in the underside of the work top. I have filled the gap with Gorilla glue and hopefully when I release the strap in two or three days time, everything will stay where it should be.

uzHmhk4l.jpg

l7I6GRHl.jpg

Bw0cCqSl.jpg

Yes it did! Took the straps off this morning and it all stayed put.

I needed somewhere to put my mug / glass while contemplating life infront of the fire. I don't want anything fixed so I knocked up this little table that hooks over the boxed section that runs along the floor. Just a couple of old pine drawer fronts that the G/F was throwing out, with a piece of leather inlayed in the top. Its a handy place to store my PS2 games too.

Ij9emnnl.jpg

40KvkfOl.jpg

YlHR16Wl.jpg

Love the plate rack in particular! I have a shoe-rack that is extra to purpose and was going to give it back to the skip from whence it came. Might try to nick your idea now.

Give it a go. You can always use it as kindling if it doesnt work.

Unfortunately, my lovely worktop has suffered from the heat of the fire and has opened up along one of the joints. I have been wondering how to fix this for a while. The difficult part being how to clamp it now that it is fixed in place. Last night I came up with the idea of using a ratchet strap anchored to a bolt screwed into a hole drilled in the underside of the work top. I have filled the gap with Gorilla glue and hopefully when I release the strap in two or three days time, everything will stay where it should be.

uzHmhk4l.jpg

l7I6GRHl.jpg

Bw0cCqSl.jpg

You could have used worktop connector bolts:

Image5.jpg

http://www.hendersons.co.uk/template/Worktop_connector_bolts.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hows the cool box/fridge doing, as funds are tight for me i mite just built one myself in place of where the fridge will be.

Has the worktop held out now?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been wondering how to remove the old poo tank for ages but very occasionally, things turn out to be easier than expected. I just gaffer taped up all the holes, up ended it and 'walked' it out of the bathroom. As it happened, this made it just the right height to slide it out of the side hatch and into a wheel barrow which was also the right height to slide it into the back of the car which was just long enough to take it to the recycling center where I pushed it out into the hard plastics bin and drove off before anyone noticed.

I then tidied up the plumbing, put the floor down and started paneling the walls with the plastic left over from the shower.

zKw4uVj.jpg

BYN2qFS.jpg

I am using a 50mm kitchen cupboard for the vanity unit. This was cut down to about 440mm deep and cut and shut around the pipework.

0vWci2I.jpg

kgvN6h6.jpg

My compost toilet kit should be arriving this week so I can get on with putting that together in place of the chemical next.

Edit - sorry the pics are big. Not sure why that happened.

Edited by OldPeculier

• 2 weeks later...

As the weather was kind this weekend, I took time off from the bathroom to start the painting. All the rust and flaky paint was dispatched with the grinder, Vactan was applied to any rusty bits followed by a high build primer. Most of the topsides were in good condition so they were just rubbed down, any bad bits being spot primed. We managed to get two coats of gloss black on below the gunnel and started getting some cream gloss on the topsides.

zpF3V5Ol.jpg

gd8eoMcl.jpg

ESH1FWTl.jpg

Got the toilet finished. Still got to finish the tiling and do a bit of painting here and there, but its all up and running.

ZNbZ8x3l.jpg

DS6xtiUl.jpg

And for those interested, here is what is inside. Dont worry, I took this pic before it was used!

ir6OWjul.jpg?1

Wow !

What a transformation !

I like the colors , but I would not get away with black with our summer heat.

DS6xtiUl.jpg

These cabinets look really good.

Nice looking boat !

Edited by boat fan

Well the green pipe probably didn't help the stink.

Yup, the pumpout pipe was perished, the vent pipe was split and the top of the tank was cracked. No wonder it smelled a bit ripe.

Incidentally, The GF and myself spent the long weekend using the new waterless toilet arrangement and I can honestly say there isn't the slightest bad smell, only a feint smell of the wood chip we used as a covering material.

Wow !

What a transformation !

I like the colors , but I would not get away with black with our summer heat.

DS6xtiUl.jpg

These cabinets look really good.

Nice looking boat !

Thanks, I'm not much good at carpentry so I cheated and used a kitchen cupboard and a drawer front under the toilet.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the toilet finished. Still got to finish the tiling and do a bit of painting here and there, but its all up and running.

ZNbZ8x3l.jpg

DS6xtiUl.jpg

And for those interested, here is what is inside. Dont worry, I took this pic before it was used!

ir6OWjul.jpg?1

I love this idea, you have done a cracking job, And i do like that set out,looks great, i wish i had tiling to do on mine as i enjoy doing it.