Old Spot

OldPeculier

Featured Posts

I will try and post some pictures here of my new project. Southern Star which is going to be re-named Old Spot is a 1980s 45' trad which I am re-fitting as a live aboard.

More details and other ramblings can be found on my blog.

FOC0LNN.jpg

Six 240v sockets and two 12v up the front. Really?

O4j6woQ.jpg

whiWl9u.jpg

XpgBPos.jpg

Fixed seating gone. Now the kitchen area.

BukCI9y.jpg

Top marks to whoever fitted the kitchen. It didn't lay down without a fight.

5aYDdXN.jpg

QJraUe9.jpg

And off to the tip!

kU5DEmA.jpg

He he, didn't take you long to start that!!!

Good luck and enjoy, don't forget to take her out for a cruise as well when the work seems to be getting on top of you.

Yeah, I intend to enjoy the old tub as well as just work on her. The engine is about the only thing that works properly so I'd better make full use of it.

• 2 weeks later...

All the wasps have moved out, but I have disturbed a few eight legged monsters.

I had hoped to leave the bathroom undisturbed for now but I couldn't get the new 28mm copper pipes behind the shower panel so it had to come out.

q9ByCOHl.jpg

ZEOv8qvl.jpg

The stove had to come out so I could move the water pump.

J8RYqJbl.jpg

pSfdFHTl.jpg

As59b0Nl.jpg

With the pump gone, there is a clear space for the new kitchen.

1weyItTl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There were a total of eleven 240v sockets and nine 12v ones. I don't have that many electrical appliances in my flat. I thought the previous owner might have been an electrician, but looking at the standard of the wiring, I sincerely hope not.

• 2 weeks later...

There were a total of eleven 240v sockets and nine 12v ones. I don't have that many electrical appliances in my flat. I thought the previous owner might have been an electrician, but looking at the standard of the wiring, I sincerely hope not.

oops the kitchen where I am has 14 doubles and 7 singles. Plus others hidden behind kitchen panels. Mind he was a chef

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see the photos of stuff going back in .. it's not uncommon for all the ripping out to get done and then the enormity of the task hits people and it all grinds to a halt. You seem to be cracking on.

Good to see the photos of stuff going back in .. it's not uncommon for all the ripping out to get done and then the enormity of the task hits people and it all grinds to a halt. You seem to be cracking on.

Very true. I try and concentrate on the next step only without looking at the whole thing. That's when it gets scary.

• 4 weeks later...

Great transformation that, keep up the good work.

Will you have a record of time and expenditure on it? I for one would be very interested in that, as I've been toying with the idea of a project.

This http://www.swanleybrokerage.com/tribal is on my radar if it was closer I would take a look.

Keep the pictures coming.

Ade

• 2 weeks later...

Got the fire in over the weekend. All done now except for the fire board along the side and the tiling, but that can wait until I've used the thing and am confident there are no leaks in the plumbing.

DK5XrXPl.jpg

MM8XMNdl.jpg

h3kxwLbl.jpg

Sods law, I hit one of the roof beams.

X2Hs9tJl.jpg

xUdwGuCl.jpg

9No7wCCl.jpg

MqMEGOal.jpg