Almost 3 years & still not fixed

Ssscrudddy

Featured Posts

Almost 3 years & this paddle still isnt fixed. Why would I say 3 years? Well if CaRT was formed in 2012, before that it must have been British Waterways, & you can clearly see on the tape that it says British Waterways Aware. rolleyes.gif
IMG_20150402_172926.jpg

Yup

Its a bank holiday friday and all the rubbish bins at trent lock are already totaly full and the elsan point sess tank is full and overflowing and the water point has been taped out of use for over week so far..................like I say Nowts changed.

Tim

Yup

Its a bank holiday friday and all the rubbish bins at trent lock are already totaly full and the elsan point sess tank is full and overflowing and the water point has been taped out of use for over week so far..................like I say Nowts changed.

Tim

It always seems to me that BW/CRT don't actually get that boaters need services. Four days without an explanation is not excusable. Fire off an email to Richard Parry. I'll bet it gets sorted quickly then.

That tape is brand new.

last week I had to fill 3 empty pounds, on getting to that lock eventually I found this.

20150327_133450_zpsuqtr9kcw.jpg

I rigged up a rope to raise the paddle,

IMG_5443_zpsnfk3khi7.jpg

reconnected it to the spindle with the help of Kathy and the CRT chap who turned up half way through, then found that the paddle had come off the end of the rod.

CRT came out and took the tape off the right hand paddle and operated it 1/2 way to get us through the lock. Apparently if it us taken all the way up, that paddle comes off too.

I have no doubt it will all be fixed and spot on by the time of the IWA festival in August.

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 1

To give CRT a bit of praise in balance, last month we came to the bottom lock at Delph, the one in the big pound by the road bridg. The bottom gates were not closing fully and one of the top paddles couldn't be opened because of a duff anti-vandal lock so the lock wouldn't fill and our progress halted. We phoned CRT who said they'd have someone there within 40 mins. They were there in 20 and we were through very quickly.

Perhaps it depends on region, and I've certainly seen plenty of issues like those above (some of the locks rising from Worcester seem to have been down to single paddles since the old king died) but credit where credit's due.

There's a lot of things CRT could do to improve, and I hope they get on top of them quickly, but none of us respond well to criticism alone.