Experienced boaters/members

Jon

Featured Posts

Acronyms specific to boating......FAQ although not specific to boating is a prime example, everyone knows what FAQ stands for don`t they?

On a recent thread i came across BSS,NBW,NABSE,BCN....just on one thread!

I am a (newbie) Jargon for newcomer to the world of boating and would like a place on this forum that explains these acronyms and other terms used by the boating fraternity.

OK....Google response to....

BSS = British Ski and Snowboard

NBW = Normal Birth Weight

NABSE = Nationwide Alliance of Boat Surveyors and Examiners......Yay!

BCN = Barcelona El Prat airport..........says it all really.

Ok to be fair, with a bit of scrolling i did manage to find the answers on Google but i think it would be a good idea to be able to find the answers within the forum itself.

This one probably is a good candidate......most general boating terms I have come across at one time or another but there are quite a few canal specific ones that stumped me at first....FAQ had me puzzled for a while as well

normal fat finger edit

Edited by John V

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

As a newbie I probable shouldn't be writing here. However I have found the advice so far brilliant.

Solid fuel stove with back boiler or not compatable with existing system or not.

How to polish my vents that I now know are mushrooms.

Currently working on my smelly loo.

Don't know if a guide would be as useful as getting advice. Guides are very boring and hard to understand for really simple newbies. Abit of simple q & a brings to light such wisdom as the the toilet flush goes up as well as down. It also brings to light so much more that we newbies need to get our heads round. So a big thank you to those of you with the patience to share your knowledge. X

Edited by Mrs Puddleduck

• 1 month later...

Hi Mrs P, this thread must have been bumped up, I don't remember seeing you before so welcome.

You best bet is to start a new thread as and when issues arise rather than firing off a whole heap of questions on different subjects, that way you will be able to absorb replies easier.

There is a good search facility at the top of the page.

Phil

Hi Mrs P, this thread must have been bumped up, I don't remember seeing you before so welcome.

You best bet is to start a new thread as and when issues arise rather than firing off a whole heap of questions on different subjects, that way you will be able to absorb replies easier.

There is a good search facility at the top of the page.

Phil

I only saw it because you replied

I will post on here when i get my stripes. NOT

Maybe a useless no nuffing boaters section could be started.

See where i am coming from. :-(

Edited by Greylady2