Anyone just received CRT letter 'reminding' CC'ers to move?

bassplayer

Featured Posts

**mod cap off**

yes there are such "things" (as you put it) as CM'rs but no one but the boater and CRT know the reason they are there for prolonged periods, i don't know how anyone can judge a CM'r without knowing the details first.

I have no wound. Why are you unable to accept or at least admit there are such things as CMers? It is called being in denial isn't it?

I think you need to go back through my posts on this thread.

You have obviously missed what I have stated in two of them :-)

Yes Maffi, but as already stated it's a friend of ours and we only have mail forwarded to us twice a year using Poste Restante; as it's only CRT that insist on sending us paper communications. Everything else is set up as paperless accounts...bank, doctors, insurance etc etc

I am in the same position, but life goes on. We have to live with it!

I am sorry but people seem to think that it is CRTs responsibility to sort out their postal problems. Don't be so bloody obstructionists. Just try and join in and try to be a part of the system. Make a bloody effort to sort it your self!

I don't have a bus pass because Cherwell wont let me have one. That's tough on me. I live with it.

Edited by GoodGurl
edited swearing
  • Greenie 2

I am sorry but people seem to think that it is CRTs responsibility to sort out their postal problems. Don't be so bloody obstructionists. Just try and join in and try to be a part of the system. Make a bloody effort to sort it your self!

I don't have a bus pass because Cherwell wont let me have one. That's tough on me. I live with it.

Quite.

And even if CRT took up Bettie's suggestion and set up email notification of CC1, CC2 etc, the target boaters don't want to receive communications from CRT. They would just say they don't have an internet connection, or a computer even. For some this would probably be true too!

So back to square one. The postal system is the only suitable method for CRT to send notices.

Edited by GoodGurl
edited quote

I would have said that Bettie Boo had got it sorted except for Canal and River Trust. I couldn't see anywhere where she had suggested that they alter their system to suit her, just a suggestion that everyday communications went by email where practical.

Canal and River Trust appear to be there for Canal and River Trust's benefit with customers (ha ha) coming way behind almost everybody else, cyclists, fishermen, walkers and probably old uncle Tom if he he could spare the time away from the fair.

Edited by GoodGurl
edited quote

Quite.

And even if CRT took up Bettie's suggestion and set up email notification of CC1, CC2 etc, the target boaters don't want to receive communications from CRT. They would just say they don't have an internet connection, or a computer even. For some this would probably be true too!

So back to square one. The postal system is the only suitable method for CRT to send notices.

You need to re read her posts.

Perhaps you find many boaters prickly because of your own preconceptions?

I put a "perhaps" there, so like you I can make a statement without basis and when someone disagrees I can fall back on the old "Yes, well I meant most or some or none..." The old "probably" argument does my head in, its bandied around all the bloody time on here and all it really means is whoever said it hasn't got a bloody clue what they're talking about and are preparing to back track if pulled up on it.

Please note I have nothing against you personally (other than your original insinuation that any CCer that can spot an overstayer is not a CCer in your opinion.)

Er... I have no idea where you got the idea that I was insinuating anything from. I was actually replying / agreeing with Jenlyn (which I don't often do...) re his comment that as a CCer, he personally couldn't spot CMers as he was continually moving. This was a specific agreement on a specific case with a specific person on a specific argument, which I had hoped was obvious because I'd quoted it. I certainly had no intention of implying anything that I didn't say, and the way that unintended meaning was dug out is what I found prickly. We are all different and we are all in different circumstances so we all see different things and part of the point of this forum is that we can share stuff and maybe learn from each other what we can't experience ourselves. Personally, in the area where I moor, CMers and overstayers aren't much of a problem, if one at all. And I don't mind them at all. To reiterate finally, I had no intention of implying that CCer who can spot a CMer is trying to cheat the system, and I'm sorry if anyone took it that way.

Edited by Arthur Marshall

Here we go again. So you think those less fortunate shouldn't have the choice between living in a council house or a boat? How short sighted.

In that system of fairness and equal rights for all ... does that mean i should have a choice between a boat and a castle? and those in council houses or on waiting lists should be given a liveaboard narrowboat if they would prefer?

Rick

Interestingly, when I informed CART of my decision to become a CC'er, I asked them to use email as my preferred method of communication. They were happy with this but did say that the licence renewal had to be sent by post as did the licence itself.

I have today received the letter in question, by email. Perhaps all one needs to do is ask.

In that system of fairness and equal rights for all ... does that mean i should have a choice between a boat and a castle? and those in council houses or on waiting lists should be given a liveaboard narrowboat if they would prefer?

Rick

No, just the choice between an expensive council flat or a cheap boat. You, like many others here, completely miss the point that very few people actually want to live on a boat. Enjoy your castle.

Edited by bassplayer

Interestingly, when I informed CART of my decision to become a CC'er, I asked them to use email as my preferred method of communication. They were happy with this but did say that the licence renewal had to be sent by post as did the licence itself.

I have today received the letter in question, by email. Perhaps all one needs to do is ask.

Yes, as cc'er I have had one by email and one by post in the past couple of days. You'd think they'd only do the email to save the cost of the letter, but at least they're sure I've been informed!

Someone asked about the history of continuous cruising.

Many years ago, before the '95 Act, when there weren't so many people living on boats BW decided to decree that all boats should have a mooring. At that time moorings were in very short supply, so already there was a problem. Then a few boaters travelled around the system and wouldn't use a home mooring even if they could get a permanent one. Some put their boats into a marina for short periods of time so that they could go on holiday and paid their dues to the marina. Hence the fight to oppose the home mooring rule. The result was the '95 Act. It wasn't at that time envisaged that people would live on their boats and not cruise and not take moorings.

As people will, the loopholes were exploited and we have the position that we are in now.

No, just the choice between an expensive council flat or a cheap boat. You, like many others here, completely miss the point that very few people actually want to live on a boat. Enjoy your castle.

If someone doesnt want to live on a boat, there is a simple answer .... just like if someone cannot afford to live on a boat

Rick

I think it shows a lack of knowledge on the requirements for BSS

Oh I don't know!

Some of these IWA folk possess this uncanny knack of being able to look only at the outside of a boat, and from that be able to work out all the (largely hidden inside) things that would make it a BSS fail.

(Obviously!)

Oh I don't know!

Some of these IWA folk possess this uncanny knack of being able to look only at the outside of a boat, and from that be able to work out all the (largely hidden inside) things that would make it a BSS fail.

(Obviously!)

In my limited experience, the general condition of the inside of a boat is very often similar to the outside!

Not always, but more often than not... :)

MtB