Wooden tug

Cloudinspector

Featured Posts

That looks like the one that was for sale on AD for a good portion of this year. If so it's had a mention, and there is a bit of info on it in the 'Historic Boats For Sale' thread.

Yes, this boat has been discussed within this thread. It is the wooden Ice Boat AUTHERLEY - last advertised on Apollo Duck in June 2014.

No I can't . . . apart from the fact that it's very badly tied up.

Not sure I follow, the back end line might introduce a bit of roll if the boat surges backwards because of the angle of the fore end line, which I probably wouldn't have put out, but it's on rings with nice car wheels to save it scraping on anything?

Very badly?

Not sure I follow, the back end line might introduce a bit of roll if the boat surges backwards because of the angle of the fore end line, which I probably wouldn't have put out, but it's on rings with nice car wheels to save it scraping on anything?

It's tied bow, stern and centre with car tyres

It seems well tied up to me

Fore- end line is slack and the 'lead' won't prevent boat fore and aft movement when another boat passes.

Same re. line on back end rail, and that tatty old bit of thin blue polypropylene from the chimney side dolly, which isn't up to the job anyway.

If the boat was moved back a bit and positioned with a ring( the one the line from the back end rail is on) one third to a half of the length along the cabin/engineroom from the counter and lines made off tight from the back end rail and the dolly to that one same ring, finishing off with the fore-end being made off tight (to the same ring as in the pictures) then there wouldn't be any movement possible when anything else goes past.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

It's inconsiderate of the boat behind it to be moored so that Tony Dunkley's suggestion cannot be tried.

In fact there is room to do exactly as I said, but if there wasn't, then transferring the back end rail line to the ring at the stern end and running another line from the fore-end ring to the back end rail would achieve the same. There is also the third option of two lines from the ring by the back end rail with one to the dolly and the other to the T-stud. The essential point is to prevent the back and forth surging of a moored boat that's caused by the 'draw' of water when another boat passes.