chainsaw rant

DeanS

Featured Posts

So we travel miles to a lonely piece of towpath, so that we can wake up late....to the absolute silence....one of those truly rare experiences you only really get on a canal boat on a canal...away from the rat race....and the sound of cars....

except that the boater who moored next to us overnight, has now decided that 10am is ok to pull out the chainsaw and starting making his Christmas wood collection.

IT'S NOT.

rant over.

thankfully he only did it for 15mins...I would have waited till midday perhaps?

On a related issue, why do some people 'rev' chainsaws like some numpties rev their 125cc motorcycles whist waiting at the traffic lights......

When the saws cold it will need some throttle to keep it running, occasionally the tick over is set too low and it needs a bit of trigger to keep it from stalling

You also need throttle to start cutting

As the day goes on the air filter can block leading to the requirement for a bit of trigger to stop the stall

And sometimes people are numptys

When the saws cold it will need some throttle to keep it running, occasionally the tick over is set too low and it needs a bit of trigger to keep it from stalling

You also need throttle to start cutting

As the day goes on the air filter can block leading to the requirement for a bit of trigger to stop the stall

And sometimes people are numptys

Fair enough, I did wonder if there was a 'technical' type explanation or if it was down to somebody with an itchy finger.

(It's still bluddy annoying though)

On a related issue, why do some people 'rev' chainsaws like some numpties rev their 125cc motorcycles whist waiting at the traffic lights......

Same reason some numpties drive around town with their windows wide open and music (if you can call it that) blaring out in excess of 120 db. A young lad was stopped at the traffic lights the other day and you couldn't hear yourself think, a bloke walked up to his open window, stuck his head in and shouted "c_nt" at the top of his voice, poor lad nearly had a heart attack!

Fair enough, I did wonder if there was a 'technical' type explanation or if it was down to somebody with an itchy finger.

(It's still bluddy annoying though)

If 'you' buy a Proper Stihl 4-stroke chainsaw - then you don't have to blip the throttle. (I thought they were a gimmick when first introduced some years ago - now I've Seen The Light (!) and am converted). Quite expensive though.

I thought the post was going to be about all the idiots one sees using chainsaws without even eye protection never mind gloves trousers and boots - apparently some even still have 2 hands and 2 feet!

But really whilst any noise is a nuisance and I hate it (being a grumpy old git) it's hard to complain about noise at 10am on a weekday.

It's about time they dropped the dated time restrictions on noise. In a 24hr society people are going to need to do stuff outside of 8am -8pm. It can be annoying when people are making noise during your sleeping time, but that's just how it is when you live in close proximity to others.

I thought the post was going to be about all the idiots one sees using chainsaws without even eye protection never mind gloves trousers and boots

Almost as bonkers as builders using disc cutters to cut bricks to shape without a dust mask. I do wonder how many cases of silicosis we are going to see in the future

Richard

What was your poison last night Dean? 10 am is fine, though my next door neighbours are well in their 80's , owls, and don't rise till dinner. So at home I don't chainsaw till after dinner. splitting logs and kindling is morning work. I also have a full set of safety kit and a full set of Tackle!

If 'you' buy a Proper Stihl 4-stroke chainsaw - then you don't have to blip the throttle. (I thought they were a gimmick when first introduced some years ago - now I've Seen The Light (!) and am converted). Quite expensive though.

I know Sthil do 4 stroke strimmers, never seen the saws, have you a link?

What was your poison last night Dean? 10 am is fine, though my next door neighbours are well in their 80's , owls, and don't rise till dinner. So at home I don't chainsaw till after dinner. splitting logs and kindling is morning work. I also have a full set of safety kit and a full set of Tackle!

Hmm well considering dinner is 8pm seems a bit late and dark to me!

Oh the joys of the English language, we can't even agree amongst ourselves, what hope for Johnny Foreigner!

Hmm well considering dinner is 8pm seems a bit late and dark to me!

Oh the joys of the English language, we can't even agree amongst ourselves, what hope for Johnny Foreigner!

Our butler serves dinner at 12 noon. but then I'm not in cheshire, honorary southerners down there.