Unusual or Comical Boat Names - The Best and Worst

Hanzbebe

Featured Posts

Hey all, as a new boater I have been observing boats and seen a good few names already. Out of curosity what is the best, the worst or the indifferent unusual or comical names you have come across - I know this is subjective on individual opinion but just curious of the weird and wonderful names there is out there!

I saw one today called - May Contain Nuts - Which I would say is unusual :)

Oh todays names are tame, go back and look at historical registers then you will find a few good ones!! "look up", "Fire charmer", "who'd have thought it" are just a few from the Birmingham registers around WW1.

I rather liked "No Direction" which I thought must be a Bob Dylan quote from Like a Rolling Stone. Having found the blog of the original owners, if it was Dylan inspired, they don't mention it, and they don't seem to be Dylan people, somehow.

Ah well.

MP.

ETA. Also seen recently "The Saucy Mrs Flobster", which is not a name to forget in a hurry.

Edited by MoominPapa

saw a boat at Lymm called 'In Dispute' ... a friend who moors nearby said that when the sign writer asked them if they had decided on a name yet.... the guy said it's still in dispute.... when they came back from holiday the boat had dutifully been named 'in Dispute' . Can't verify the story but it's still a good tale....

wink.png

Being serious though - I do quite like the boat sign written with something like 'Les Cargo Carrying co.'

Geddit?

That'll be on 'Wandering Snail', isn't it.

Actually one of the more unusual ones belongs to a forum member, Arthur Marshall- 'Lord Byron's Maggot', which he explained to me is the name of a traditional tune.