Eberspacher Stopped Working

Rob-M

Featured Posts

Having replaced all my leisure batteries over the weekend I now find my Eberspacher won't fire up. When I press the run button on the timer there is a single click sound and then nothing. Anybody have any ideas what I could check...? All other electricals are fine and batteries are all fully charged from my new shore power charger.

I have noticed (Note: Bob's actually noticing is affected by alcohol)...that some Ebers do not go through the main switch but are plumbed directly into the battery..

True..they should go through that...but I have found this on several occasions..

I should look about for a fairly thick black or brown wire..that you have not connected...

Failing that..make sure that your Eber cable connections are nice and clean..and that you haven't loosened its hold where it goes into a spade/ Lucar connector....

I have noticed (Note: Bob's actually noticing is affected by alcohol)...that some Ebers do not go through the main switch but are plumbed directly into the battery..

True..they should go through that...but I have found this on several occasions..

I should look about for a fairly thick black or brown wire..that you have not connected...

Failing that..make sure that your Eber cable connections are nice and clean..and that you haven't loosened its hold where it goes into a spade/ Lucar connector....

Not so, they should be connected direct to the house bank to prevent accidental shut off in full flight which can cause damage to the unit.

Not so, they should be connected direct to the house bank to prevent accidental shut off in full flight which can cause damage to the unit.

Oh no...not you again !!....biggrin.png

I know...I know what 'should be'..but my own boat...Reeves built...did NOT go through the switch..and ran straight from the battery.

My Neighbours boat at Barton Turns.....was the same...always connected..

I 'know not why'...as I didn't build the boat !!

(PS..nice to see you again...shall we talk about Chubby's Eber..?....)

I imagine if you hadn't connected it at all then the timer wouldn't be functioning and you wouldn't hear any click.

Ours behaves like this when:

• Batteries are low
  • Water level in the header tank is low

David

Bobbybass & NMEA

Surely you ve had enuff of Chubbys eber !!! What a mission - but i m sure youre both well on the way to a full mental recovery after probably banging your heads against more than one brick wall .

All working fine still after about ten days but you ll be first to know when / if it breaks down .

I saw this thread and wondered if i might be able to help .... more moral support than practical .

Cheers again for that help again . Are you ready for another eber fixing thread ? It couldn t be as bad as my one ....?

cheers

Edited by chubby

If all wires/connections check out OK then next thing I would check is the glowplug on this one. A continuity check is normally enough for a glowplug.

GL.

Yup..probably right...

Maybe the extra voltage from new batteries..was enough to blow an old and frail glow plug....

I'd check the voltage across the heater terminals while it's firing up (important!)

If it's OK then check the internal holders (common prob), if not work back towards the batts to find what's dropping too much voltage.

Unless it's a coincidence I suspect a poor connection may have been disturbed and is now much worse.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

Well my electrician turned up, checked the fuses, then checked the glow plug, put it all back together and it fired straight up so all working now. Also while he was there he sorted out the immersion which wasn't working either, seems that just needed fiddling with as well.