Boating Characters with animals - help wanted.

Featured Posts

Hi all, as some of you know I am an avid photographer and am starting to create a portfolio of photographss to enter the Taylor Wessing Competition organised through the National Gallery.

My theme is boating folk with animals in their home enviroment - I have ideas, and several sets already, and am prepared to travel, but I need to have the collection complete by the end of June.

If anyone would like to volunteer, please PM me, perhaps with a short description of your animal/boat/boating life/location.

I will provide free images for people taking part. I will get back to everyone, however, cannot promise to get to you all - I do work full time !!

The kind of image I see being included is like this

My other half Kerry (Kez on here) is usually found out and about with Paddy the Boating Bunny.

He's appeared in a couple of pets magazines and has his own Twitter and Facebook!

I think my boy must be the most photographed dog with his head sticking out of a cat flap on a boat ! Is that the sort of thing you are looking for ?

Pyke,, yes you sprang to mind when I was first thinking of people and I asked Tree when I saw her at Foxton Historic show if you were willing,, so yes I am so glad you replied.. are you still a-travelling?

My other half Kerry (Kez on here) is usually found out and about with Paddy the Boating Bunny.

He's appeared in a couple of pets magazines and has his own Twitter and Facebook!

Hello Liam,,, well that's a bit different so yes please could you ask Kez to contact me with her whereabouts pls.

Please accept my apologies to both of you for the delayed response

Friends of ours had six hens at home. During time this has now dwindled to just one.

They have accepted it into the house. It's house trained, makes it obvious when it wants to go out and all that. We went round yesterday and sure enough there it was sat in the armchair, minding it's own business. They take it to the boat and it loves it.

Martyn

I reckon our two collies must the most photographed for sticking their heads out under the cratch cover..........Cheshire Rose can attest to that......oh and standing at the open hatch and having a nose - nothing unusual about that I daresay

Edited by tillergirl

Friends of ours had six hens at home. During time this has now dwindled to just one.

They have accepted it into the house. It's house trained, makes it obvious when it wants to go out and all that. We went round yesterday and sure enough there it was sat in the armchair, minding it's own business. They take it to the boat and it loves it.

Martyn

Hello Martyn, I would love to do that one.. any chance you could ask for me,,, the image I am looking for is with a human inside the boat too :)

Sorry only just saw your reply! Yes am now back on the trent and Mersey, give me a shout if you want to pop over!

Just inboxed you :) thank you

I reckon our two collies must the most photographed for sticking their heads out under the cratch cover..........Cheshire Rose can attest to that......oh and standing at the open hatch and having a nose - nothing unusual about that I daresay

You or your other half with the dogs inside the cratch looking out.. would be cool.. where are you?

Bella sits/stands all day at the back with us either looking back at where we have been or peering along the gunnels which is funny and cute.

Bella and yourselves would be great inside the boat if possible. if its a goer would love to hear from you

I have a black toupee and if I were to tie some fishishing line around it and suspend it from the ceiling with a drawing pin, it would look a bit like I own a bat.

Only kidding. We just have a boring old sweaty dog with a bent ear and we love him a lot.

Edited by jodansgang

Thanks very much everybody for your interest,, what a great response, I will have to close the books soon on the shoot so if anyone else is out there, up for a shoot I would be very pleased to hear from you.. cheers Kathy

I have a black toupee and if I were to tie some fishishing line around it and suspend it from the ceiling with a drawing pin, it would look a bit like I own a bat.

errrrmmmmmm considering that very carefully.................................................. whole 2 seconds.. NOPE

Hi, to anyone expecting a call, you haven't been forgotten. Kathy has been quite ill, and I rushed her into hospital early today for catering pack doses of antibiotic treatments for a severe infection of an insect(mozzy) bite near her ear.

She will be back in touch shortly.