:) the fun & joys of 'bartering' :)

tree

Featured Posts

One of the most loveliest actions of moi past, and still relevant today ( thanky goodness), is the art of 'bartering'..plus it is so much fun.

Examples..yesterday one of moi neighbours needed a lead for his satnav..moi has oddles..in return he gave moi some rabbit to bake in a pie. Then another neighbour said ' tree, have you any washing??..yes indeedy moi duvet covers ( too ruddy difficult to wash in a bucket. Hence today moi washed her car in return :)

Moi gave a chap here a TV and oil filled rad..no longer needed, and lo and behold he's going to sort out moi engine ...kharma says moi... as never knew he was a diesel engineer with boats :)

Imo not only is 'bartering' good for the soul and in some case the purse lol..but its nice to help others and get help back in return :)

So being the nosy trout that moi is ..curtseys and smiles at this revelation ;)

Do you 'barter' and if so ..what was it ???

All the time ! I often cook for a friend who does jobs on my boat, or is that bribing......? Not sure:icecream:

Moi knows you do yer sausage lol..

Oi!! Yer minx ..how comes moi is a slave to the stove when a visiting ???

Opps just dismiss that lol..else moi will be banned from the pickle leopards sofa..and have to wrestle barony rubble for his spot lol

Sits snuggly blowing you raspberries nar! Nar hahaha xxx

One of the most loveliest actions of moi past, and still relevant today ( thanky goodness), is the art of 'bartering'..plus it is so much fun.

Examples..yesterday one of moi neighbours needed a lead for his satnav..moi has oddles..in return he gave moi some rabbit to bake in a pie. Then another neighbour said ' tree, have you any washing??..yes indeedy moi duvet covers ( too ruddy difficult to wash in a bucket. Hence today moi washed her car in return smile.png

Moi gave a chap here a TV and oil filled rad..no longer needed, and lo and behold he's going to sort out moi engine ...kharma says moi... as never knew he was a diesel engineer with boats smile.png

Imo not only is 'bartering' good for the soul and in some case the purse lol..but its nice to help others and get help back in return smile.png

So being the nosy trout that moi is ..curtseys and smiles at this revelation wink.png

Hope you are declaring it to the Inland Revenue.

:)

smile.png

I don't think the IR would be interested in small scale bartering of the sort described. No doubt there's a bit of a grey area, but surely tax only comes into it when significant money is changing hands and/or it's between businesses?

Each year I use my neighbour's grapes to make some wine and give her a bottle or two of it, the rest being given away to my friends and relatives, mostly drunk by my son and his friends. If I sold it I'd not only be liable for tax, I'd need an alcohol licence!

The odd thing is, I gave up drinking long ago and just make the wine for fun. I don't taste it, I just rely on comments to find out if I got it right. Apparently after two years of just about drinkable plonk, my 2013 vin de Croydon was pretty damn good.

Moi knows you do yer sausage lol..

Oi!! Yer minx ..how comes moi is a slave to the stove when a visiting ???

Opps just dismiss that lol..else moi will be banned from the pickle leopards sofa..and have to wrestle barony rubble for his spot lol

Sits snuggly blowing you raspberries nar! Nar hahaha xxx

Hi tree

please keep taking your medication and talk to that nice social worker, we all love you and care for you

I shoot farmers roos,get paid for them at the abbatoir,cut firewood free[for shooting his roos] firewood for myself and the farmer.I can also take coonaks and yabbies from his dams[haven't yet but will this year if it rains,no rain for 5 months so far]Long live the barter system.

The best example of this which has happened to me:

Four people; Dave (Me), Kevin, Alys and Bryn.

I needed help moving house.

Kevin needed a fridge freezer.

Bryn needed someone to do the flowers at his wedding.

Alys needed someone to construct her a website.

The solution:

Bryn has a van...

I had no space for a fridge freezer in my new house...

Alys is a top gardener/florist/horticulturalist...

Kevin is a web-designer...

We all gave something and we all got something. We just didn't get anything from the person we gave from... if you follow me!

Four happy people. clapping.gif

• Greenie 1

Hi tree

please keep taking your medication and talk to that nice social worker, we all love you and care for you

Eee by gumm ecky thump lad, thas shud know....moi is a Yorkshire Lass and is as hard as nails, takes care of mesen okie dokes ;)

... appen just high on the beauty of life..need nowt else :)

plus running moi own social care support business, no sw needed ;)

Tar yer cheeky scallywag ...and No!!! Moi ain't giving you a 'tanner' for her chattering :)

The best example of this which has happened to me:

Four people; Dave (Me), Kevin, Alys and Bryn.

I needed help moving house.

Kevin needed a fridge freezer.

Bryn needed someone to do the flowers at his wedding.

Alys needed someone to construct her a website.

The solution:

Bryn has a van...

I had no space for a fridge freezer in my new house...

Alys is a top gardener/florist/horticulturalist...

Kevin is a web-designer...

We all gave something and we all got something. We just didn't get anything from the person we gave from... if you follow me!

Four happy people. :clapping:

Helping each other..perfick

:)

Hmm..well since no monies are being exchanged ..just people sharing and helping each other.then nope ;)

Moi pays enough tax as it is to fill their coffers ;)

Bartering,,I love it,done loads over the years,,still do now. Just two weeks ago I helped install a JRC1000 Radar system on an open fishing boat in the same Marina as me. I've had Fresh Cod Fillets, whole Skinned & Prepped Huss most mornings for a week after (Freezer is filling up nicely) and a Bottle of his Wifes Home made Elderflower Cordial.

It makes so many people actually interact with each other & is a great all-around leveler.

Love it and long may it continue.

So,,anyone know if there is a Boating Barter Forum,

I work primarily for Donuts n Cider,

Then have a sliding scale of different food n drink likes. Ending in some Eng and Generator spares and consumables.

With some room for some what have you,s by negotiations.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Eee by gumm ecky thump lad, thas shud know....moi is a Yorkshire Lass and is as hard as nails, takes care of mesen okie dokes wink.png

... appen just high on the beauty of life..need nowt else smile.png

plus running moi own social care support business, no sw needed wink.png

Tar yer cheeky scallywag ...and No!!! Moi ain't giving you a 'tanner' for her chattering smile.png

Helping each other..perfick

Hmm..well since no monies are being exchanged ..just people sharing and helping each other.then nope wink.png

Moi pays enough tax as it is to fill their coffers wink.png

A know tha is lass un a gud en to boot, hows life 'darn stream' :)

A know tha is lass un a gud en to boot, hows life 'darn stream' smile.png

Wotcha young un :) its doing alright... especially since today the EA have resumed works to sort out the lock..

So with eyes, fingers,knees and toes crossed rolleyes.gif ..moi is hoping it not take em long to fix.

Examples..yesterday one of moi neighbours needed a lead for his satnav..moi has oddles..in return he gave moi some rabbit to bake in a pie. Then another neighbour said ' tree, have you any washing??..yes indeedy moi duvet covers ( too ruddy difficult to wash in a bucket. Hence today moi washed her car in return smile.png

Moi gave a chap here a TV and oil filled rad..no longer needed, and lo and behold he's going to sort out moi engine ...kharma says moi... as never knew he was a diesel engineer with boats smile.png

Imo not only is 'bartering' good for the soul and in some case the purse lol..but its nice to help others and get help back in return smile.png

So being the nosy trout that moi is ..curtseys and smiles at this revelation wink.png

Do you barter in English?

Anyone want to trade a Dutch barge for some anger management sessions? Will settle for a replica .

Interesting topic this . Before I clicked on it , I had haggling in mind for some reason -a somewhat different aspect of the trading process.

However haggling raises some interesting points about bartering too . How - historically or currently - does one compare the value of one service or product with another?

Yes he does but you're "barter" off reading his posts in his mother tongue!

hmmm... dear mattlad, moi can highly recommend 'Specsavers' wink.png

'mother tongue' = good olde Yorkshire :)

Edited by tree