BSS inspectors - up North!

Featured Posts

This summer marks four years since we bought the Dog House but equally it marks the time that it is due it's BSS (July)

With everything else that will be going on for us in the Summer I want to start thinking about planning for this perhaps a bit earlier than we would normally.

Anyway has anybody got any contact details for a BSS inspector around our neck of the woods. We moor at Pollington between Knottingley and Goole on the Aire and Calder.

Oh and how much does a BSS inspection cost? (Our last one was incorporated in with our purchasing survey).

Thanks in advance.

Here's a list of the approved examiners but I'm the other side of the Pennines so I can't recommend anyone personally.

The going rate (here) is about £125 - £150 but usually includes a return visit if you need a bit of time to address any issues that turn up.

K

http://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/boat-examination/arranging-the-examination/find-an-examiner/?counties=West Yorkshire

ETA forgot to put the link on

Edited by kevinl

This summer marks four years since we bought the Dog House but equally it marks the time that it is due it's BSS (July)

With everything else that will be going on for us in the Summer I want to start thinking about planning for this perhaps a bit earlier than we would normally.

Anyway has anybody got any contact details for a BSS inspector around our neck of the woods. We moor at Pollington between Knottingley and Goole on the Aire and Calder.

Oh and how much does a BSS inspection cost? (Our last one was incorporated in with our purchasing survey).

Thanks in advance.

Try this link for a thorough search

http://www.boatsafetyscheme.org/boat-examination/arranging-the-examination/find-an-examiner/

• Greenie 1

Thanks in advance.

Just to add even more confusion to your decision... If you believe in the safety aspects of the BSS, then I can highly recommend Richard Fee at Swiftcraft, who did us a very informative inspection on Myark,

£140 flat fee, including a return visit to reinspect all the remedial work she needed (all of which had passed the last BSS under the previous owner, resulting in a quick message to BSS HQ from us... No question from us about the failures, things like gas hose used as fuel hose on the engine!)

http://www.swiftcraftboats.co.uk/Services.html

He seemed happy to cover the whole of W & E Yorks, so Pollington shouldn't be a problem travel wise.

There is one I wouldn't recommend having watched his work techniques from a distance one day in the yard

But I would wholly recommend Mike at Blue Star

Feel free to avail yourself of the pm system Richard....:)

Thanks every body this is sorted now. Nigel Carton of this parish has pencilled us in for the 31st May.

I am not sure why but I'd initially thought you could only get your BSS exam done a month in advance but of course it is two which gives us plenty of time to sort any rectification issues that may crop up, and helps considerably with our planned hols. in June and our forthcoming family addition in July.