Long Weekend Break Reccomendations

owenk

Featured Posts

Advice for a friend of my son, not us.

Youngish lads (wwell late twenties) sensible but lively looking to hire for a two/three day trip.

v\ery flexible for starting point, Oxford/Bath/Birmingham/Rugby/Leamington - any suggestions for where to go for with a nice run of pubs and other things to see and do?

As a side remark, I stopped at the Greyhound at Hawkesbury Junction the otehr week on my way to watch Banbury RUFC play Bedworth - what a great pub in a great position, fantastic open fire, definately pencilled in for a visit on the boat. Speed of food service would improve mind.

There're not having Pipsqueak then, Owen?

You seem active on here all of a sudden. Settled into your new spot?

Martyn

A stag part on my boat? Not on your nelly!!!!!!!! Yes settled in the new moorings, but have not made it to the boat for a while as it is my busy time of year with tax returns and we have all been sufferring with seasonal sniffles. To be honest hadn;t logged into the forum for ages, but got this vague and broad request for my son so came seeking assistance.

• 4 weeks later...

(Stands on thread bank, looking in, takes deep breath, pinches nose and jumps...:-)

Interested in this one 'cos we're thinking the same...well, obviously not the stag bit (no WAY!. Me, I'm game for a few locks etc and would like nice scenery and perhaps a pub garden or two to moor up at days' end.....however, mrs Haven't a Clue absolutely insists on a nice modern and above all, spotless boat if we're going to do this. We are looking at...'arf a mo'....March 22nd to April 5th, a 4-5 day jaunt in that period. We're in West Sussex and she'd prefer not to have a 3-5 hour drive before we start, 2-3 hours ok. What might we be looking at cost wise and what sort of area. Not a complete novice at boats, we've a Merryfisher 805 on the Hamble, but she wants something without the bleddy Solent chop and tides, so inland it is. Also, as explained on 1st post in "new to boats" (?) we'll be looking to buy one in the fullnes of time ourselves. Ta in advance....oh and hi to Richard 10003...nice 'ere, innit....

• 2 weeks later...