Boat stuck on bank

Jparry

Featured Posts

perhaps he's sunk!! would have helped him but he was intent on letting the insurance deal with it! but hey what do I know about putting boats back in the water I've only been involved in the successful refloat of around 15 boats over the years !! hey ho there you go!

Maybe you should make your services known to insurers, to carry insurance approval would add an amount of credibility to your activities!

Maybe you should make your services known to insurers, to carry insurance approval would add an amount of credibility to your activities!

companies already doing similar that is how I got my experience working for bases that did this sort of work

I would have gone back to the car, got my spade, and dug the bank away from the front end of the boat, the strong flow on the river might help take the soil away from underneath and eventually float the boat.

the only problem with that is that you can't control what washes out, whilst its a good idea in principle it could have potentially lethal results if the wrong bit washes out or there is solid ground anywhere under the hull you could have the Elephant riding a Matchstick effect!

a controlled relaunch is always achievable so long as you pre plan everything you do, we had 3 resets of equipment to get ZK back into the water 3½ hours of meticulous work led to an eventual 30 seconds of straight slide and she was afloat again!

companies already doing similar that is how I got my experience working for bases that did this sort of work

the only problem with that is that you can't control what washes out, whilst its a good idea in principle it could have potentially lethal results if the wrong bit washes out or there is solid ground anywhere under the hull you could have the Elephant riding a Matchstick effect!

a controlled relaunch is always achievable so long as you pre plan everything you do, we had 3 resets of equipment to get ZK back into the water 3½ hours of meticulous work led to an eventual 30 seconds of straight slide and she was afloat again!

Anyone do a video of relaunch? sounds like a smooth job.

I have not done a runner.,I will update you when something does happen still waiting on the insurance company & theyre waiting on the flood receding .although the river has gone down the flow is still quite fast.

Hi,

I think you are doing the right thing - making sure no risk to people or the boat, hang on in there.

Anyone do a video of relaunch? sounds like a smooth job.

yes a member of the public did record the final push but I didn't get his details so hopefully he will come forward with a copy!

there are several pictures on my facebook page and the Trust's FB page as well

Edited by hamsterfan

• 3 weeks later...

The boat back in finally ,mixed feelings because the river is in flood just hoping it doesn't rise much more & come back over the bank,it was started afternoon 31st & put in yesterday by today the river has risen about 1/2 metre . the guys who did it have used a spring from the stern to front mooring post to hold it away from the bank ,also my anchor . Joe

Edited by Jparry

The boat back in finally ,mixed feelings because the river is in flood just hoping it doesn't rise much more & come back over the bank,it was started afternoon 31st & put in yesterday by today the river has risen about 1/2 metre . the guys who did it have used a spring from the stern to front mooring post to hold it away from the bank ,also my anchor . Joe

Excellent news that boat and folk are unharmed. I hope the river behaves and your new mooring configuration works OK.

• 1 month later...

Just to let every one know the boat did not float off into the sunset in the second lot of floods & all is well now ,And to thank every one for the helpful advice you gave me ,My insurance was with Craft insure and they also were really helpful .I would recommend them ,obviously Joe

Edited by Jparry

Jparry

you like caravanning?

there's been lots of great ideas on here to get thi floating again, Chill out until the surplus water goes and you know where the channel is, and the size of the job in getting you floating again.

Unfortunately you going to after pay to plop thi back on it.

Think yourself luckier than those whos homes don't go up with the water and, get to know the people living around you. You never know your predicament could lead to friends for life.

Take care and don't take risks! all the best

Dave