Recovering from Disaster!

oasistoo

Featured Posts

Well 4 weeks ago tomorrow my wife Noeline missed her footing whilst taking our Mini wire Dachshund ashore at Hopwas and fell into the canal! Unfortunately she hit the armco on the way in and broke her Femur.

She came back on board last Saturday after surgery (plate inserted) and has a further 6 weeks on crutches with a leg brace on.

We are wintering again in Elesmere so we started travelling on Sunday the 20th from Fazeley Mill Marina (Who were great finding me a mooring whilst Noeline was in hospital) via the Coventry, T&M, Staffs & Worcs and Shroppie knowing we needed to clear Tyrley before the stoppages.

Normally Noeline steers the boat and i do the Lock wheeling! So it has been a forced introduction to single handing, luckily so far without to many problems and we will clear Tyrley with plenty of time to spare.

I was wondering however if anybody would be around on Monday the 28th October, who may be able give me a hand down Audlem!

As much as anything to avoid causing to many tailbacks on what i think is half term week.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

As my other half has just said I have windlass at hand and will also see who is about volunteer wise on Monday ..feel free to give me a shout if you still need a hand smile.png

Thanks for the great offer I have Pm'd Slammer with tel number so we can set things up Monday descent now very weather dependent

This just came up on Facebook

Can you please tell this person to ring audlem mill and they will arrange for a volunteer to help them . Thanks

Where on facebook Brian!

Best wishes to your good lady in her recovery and its so good to see that you have had so many offers of help smile.png

Thanks for the expressions of support and offers of help from everyone it is much appreciated

Thats fine,I'll get him to check his messages and give you a ring later today.. conflicting weather forecasts but I'll be about all week and a couple of the volunteers should be around and about :)

Thanks for the great offer I have Pm'd Slammer with tel number so we can set things up Monday descent now very weather dependent

Where on facebook Brian!

Thanks for the expressions of support and offers of help from everyone it is much appreciated

Hi Tony

Trust Noeline is feeling better .

Have a look at http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Audlem~2656793/

a website I have found very accurate

All the best both

John & Marian

Edited by Offcumden