What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Or bollard

Correct, the flap is for a bollard (same as stern dolly), meaning you don't have to climb on the pointy to tie up. It can also be used to set springs.

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

Is that a catflap? lower right

If you look closely, you can see the dog flap behind the glazed panel. Ideal for letting my GSD on and off the boat :D

Edited by cuthound
Missing worm

Lovely day today so as summer starts in a couple of weeks and we are OFF.........................I have removed cleaned and relocated bilge pump. Tightened drive belts, topped up antifrost and generaly prepared stuff for the off including stocking up on boaty " stuff " Its going to be a fabulous summer this year with NO rain or high winds :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Lovely day today so as summer starts in a couple of weeks and we are OFF.........................I have removed cleaned and relocated bilge pump. Tightened drive belts, topped up antifrost and generaly prepared stuff for the off including stocking up on boaty " stuff " Its going to be a fabulous summer this year with NO rain or high winds :rolleyes:

Beer cellar is full then?

It will need to be when ours paths cross this summer :D

7 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Beer cellar is full then?

It will need to be when ours paths cross this summer :D

Not yet :D But it WILL be. We will deffo see you either on the way ooop norff or on the way back down or maybe even both :cheers:

13 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Lovely day today so as summer starts in a couple of weeks and we are OFF..........

......" Its going to be a fabulous summer this year with NO rain or high winds :rolleyes:

Awesome!!  I always look for the nicest weather forecast I can find and you've just improved my outlook no end! :D

• Happy 1

16 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Bet thatsbeen a lot if hard work and commitment. Not sure my body could cope with that. Looking forward to the finish line.

Your not kidding! all the fiddly bits i had to do with a 4" grinder with a flap disk was literally a week of 12+ hour days and a complete night shift spent cleaning and getting rid of all the dust so i could paint, actually hoovered the boat 3 times then tac ragged it several times ... but hopefully if i get the 10 to 12 coats on i am aiming for it wont need doing again for a good few years to come :) 

Rick

• Greenie 1

Good man. When we bought Nightwatch it had recieved a paint job just prior. Don't think it was a back to metal job but the paint has lasted really well. We've have Nightwatch 12/13 years now. We dint anything special to it, an occasional wash, occasional polish, 't' cut twice. That's about it. So, what I'm saying is, yours will be good for a long period of time me reckons.

Think of the feel good factor when done.

31 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Good man. When we bought Nightwatch it had recieved a paint job just prior. Don't think it was a back to metal job but the paint has lasted really well. We've have Nightwatch 12/13 years now. We dint anything special to it, an occasional wash, occasional polish, 't' cut twice. That's about it. So, what I'm saying is, yours will be good for a long period of time me reckons.

Think of the feel good factor when done.

Sadly mine was red , which is probably the worse colour for fading add to the fact it was an ex hire boat it had too many scuffs to recover .... everytime i have that moment where i think what the hell have i done i just watch one of John Barnards youtube videos and think another 2 weeks and mine will look vaguely like that! ... Will keep the pics coming as i progress and hopefully once its all done signwritted and had the new windows, doors and hatch fitted it will be unrecognisable from what i started with :) .... then i am getting the sewing machine out to make a new cratch and pram hood cover, so that will be a whole blog on its own!

Rick

13 hours ago, matty40s said:

Look forward to seeing the finished article. It's a cracking little dock, has it got heating though?? You might need some if not from the end of the week..

Yes the dock has blown air diesel heating and a roller shutter door to the waterline ... last week i was working in a t shirt when there was a hard frost outside and more importantly achieved steel temperatures between 14 and 16 degrees.

Rick 

Too much "proper big jobs"... not enough trivial stuff!  ;)

Talking of trivial. Patent foldable <under da gunnel> beer glass shelf made.

image.png.3507c1c888508ca03cafeee8ba55a771.png

image.png.2bb0f865e0d86ac4c03f522751c94854.png

Edited by mark99

On 19/02/2018 at 15:23, mark99 said:

Don't she look great.... <until the first lock>.

Ooh, yes she does indeed! No wonder you cleared your beer shelf!

2 hours ago, Halsey said:

Just spent the afternoon creosoting my new set of (Joe Hollingshead) fenders - very pleased - and yes I did use the proper stuff.

Isn't using the real stuff likely to lead to a spell on the naughty step nowadays?

• Haha 1