What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

Replaced canopy elastics while waiting for the tide today.

Fitted swanky new LED nav lights just before we left on Sunday.

Sat waiting for the little un to run out of steam now!

Finished priming the thing :)

Good man :cheers:

Finished engine room deckplates.

Bolted back cabin stove down, lit it, warmed up a pie and boiled a kettle on it.

Fitted klaxon horn.

AHOOOGAAA! Love it!

Painted inside some cupboards.

Rain stopped play. Out for a post brexit pint tonight!

• 2 months later...

This trip I discovered 3 water leaks, one on a compression fitting on a pipe going to a radiator, one on a compression fitting going to a valve in the bathroom and a stem leak on a Non Concussive Valve in the Toilet. The first two just needed nipping up with a spanner, the third was more technical.

post-261-0-71812100-1472324746_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have refitted my stove pipe after it fell off. It has a new elbow and has had a paint. Works a treat. Used Granville cylinder black to paint it. A bit fumes until the paint had baked on but fine now.

I have refitted my stove pipe after it fell off. It has a new elbow and has had a paint. Works a treat. Used Granville cylinder black to paint it. A bit fumes until the paint had baked on but fine now.

Why does it do that? Picture is fine and then when you post it that happens

post-19263-0-86327800-1474738267_thumb.jpg

I am going to guess you have uploaded it direct from an iDevice. The electronic signature of iDevice photos does not record the orientation of the image in a way that is transferable when exported.

Upload your photos via Photobucket or some other photo hosting site and copy the url into your post and all will be fine.

JP

Edited by Captain Pegg

Fitted my wifes birthday prezzy from me today. Really happy, im mean shes really happy. Need to build a new beam as ours is compleatly the wrong shape for a tco but then i will need to mod the cratch so will have to wait as i cant put them at the correct angle but im happy. Not sure the wife was with her prezzy as much as i was.

Also just realised its the wrong colour oh this is going to bug me something chronic all though i know the bow is the wrong colour but i needed new paint on and the red has run out.

post-17927-0-26041900-1474779660_thumb.jpg

I love petit Godin stoves. Looks beautiful.

I just cut a 15 inch hole in the roof (5mm steel) and put a nice aluminium opening porthole in there to get more light into the bathroom on my barge.

Finished off with pieces of parquet flooring sikaflexed to the porthole spigot. Seems to be OK :)

Pic

post-1752-0-99035900-1474981719_thumb.jpg

• Greenie 2

Yay!! smile.png

i am happy....ish, i wanted a smooth gloss finish, i rolled then flat with a darn good brush but i think i didnt put enough paint on the brush.

Need a good day now to paint the top :) hull will have to wait, not good is all i can say for now :(

Painted coach line round side panel at stern on starboard side and put final coat on the anti-slip strip down the gunnel on the same side. Fitted new external ariel socket, fitted 5 new batteries and measured up for some re-cabling. Boat has been taking up most of our spare time since April, looking forward to a weeks holiday in North Norfolk in a weeks time....

• 3 weeks later...

Today well last few evenings ive stripped my gear wheel and rods out.

Stripped all the paint off as looked nice as looked old but was a bit of a mess with odd bits of paint on them from splashes and drips.

Build a new joint and slide mechanism to joint the gearbox to the rod that goes to the roof, made out of 2 box sections 1 that just fits inside the other welded it all on cleaned it up and re painted it.

Then swapped my big gear and small geat around as before it to around 3-4 turns from full forward to full back it now takes 1 1/2 much better no more spinning the wheel for ages to move when trying to turn or in an emergency.

All cleaned up and re greased. Lovely will take pics tomorrow and post.

Next job change the speed cable to a nice brass chain in the engine room.

Still havent taken pics but have now built and new fuel pump arm. The old one was very crude with holes in bit far to big for the bolts so there was massive play and the hole thing would flick up and down as had a joint in and at high rpm would bounce up and kill the power. So new solid arm and 2 new ends made to fit the fuel pump and govener.

Gear gears now tweeked i now get 1 turn from full forward to full back very happy. Have got new gears and leaver arms for the speed controls so later can turn to a wheel but for now can stay as a lever but have now put a twin lever on the roof with a rachet for start ip or holding a higher rpm from engine room. With a new chain bought to make it look nicer than a cable.

Also new stop start wheel bought so can put a leaver in the back so can shut the engine down from the back end (where the bolinder reverse rod would be) and the oil rod position im going to make a leaver so the engine water pump and be turned on or off from the back. Later on im going to design a new gear system so i can put a push pull rod in so i will end up with 4 controls at the back so looks like there is a bolinder in it. When middle door is shut and can see the controls.

Ive also in the middle of putting the sight glass onto the day tank and turning this the correct way round.

Then im onto my 50s back cabin copy from the outside.

Edited by billybobbooth

Today we have bought a tonneau cover for Naughty-Cal in readiness for her road trip to Scotland next summer.

A new one by the canopy maker on the marina would have been £480. We have paid £100 for one that has been used on an S23 once made by the same canopy maker.

We will need to have a few alterations made as some of the studs don't line up but shouldn't be an expensive job.