Alchemy boats

John C

Featured Posts

It is no great surprise if they’ve folded. They were forced out from their original location by BW, who had sold the land on to developers for flats. A Public Inquiry into the plans led to rejection by the SoS Inspector in the face of high profile campaigning and witnessing by BW. So far as I know, after years of alternative owners and plans, it remains derelict.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2005/feb/23/environment.environment

Solely as a result of the scathing reviews and cross-examination in the course of the hearing, the proprietor of Alchemy was given a patch of bankside further up the canal out of town, near Yarnton, in an effort to show that there was compliance with Oxford’s planning policies, but the location had no access or facilities.

The one stand-out exchange from the cross-examinations during the Inquiry came during Mr Green’s testimony for BW. He was asked, by an incredulous barrister for the Council, whether BW really believed that their internal memorandums carried greater weight than an Act of Parliament – the reply was “Yes”, because the date of the memorandum at issue was more recent than the Parliamentary Act!

I won’t say that that left the barrister speechless, but it came close to it. He dropped back into his chair with the comment – “I hadn’t realised BW had declared UDI”.

Edited by NigelMoore

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, 

I am looking at a boat by Alchemy Boats 2005, needs work, but are they good boats?

I now I say I dont want a project, but sometimes its purely cosmetic, over load of cheapo wood in this instance. The original fit out was probably better, but someone thought it needed a modification.

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

I thought you already had one lined up.

He found another buyer, always a problem. I am not confident enough to get in a bidding scenario, one bid and no more.

I knew my T&C s would be unattractive, there is always another one, I am not sure if I should really make an offer unless I am absolutely in love with the fit out, and it has to tick quite a few boxes as well,  I really want a smooth transition.

I saw one that I really loved last week, and it was only advertised a few hours, and gone!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LadyG