Hardstanding near Chesterfield/Derby

drunkensailor

Featured Posts

Hello

I have been thinking about lengthening my old narrowboat, but it's just not a goer. I can't let my heart rule my head.

My girlfriend (who is, luckily for me an out of work woodwork teacher) will do some cabin refitting and repaint it. I may also get the overplating done. I imagine that would be cheaper than getting its boat safety and relicensing now, then leaving it to sit in its (expensive) mooring until next summer.

So, does anyone know of anywhere that could provide a hardstanding for a 35' narrowboat near Derby? Ideally, somewhere it could be craned to so she could work on it near Chesterfield would be best. It would need to be somewhere safe, with a supply of electricity. I'll then sell it with a new BSS and license next year when my business is better established.

Also, suggestions for companies to do the craning and transporting would be great.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

They're both quite a trek. And I really don't fancy Redhill.

My worry is we remove the boat, and then it's such a distance from us we never finish up sorting it. It would be sad if the boat was abandoned in four years.

I was thinking of just a yard, somewhere nowhere near a canal. If we crane out and have it transported the 20-odd miles it will still be cheaper than all the other stuff (BSC, mooring, license etc).

Edited by drunkensailor