Skipton to Lea and Stort

bowten

Featured Posts

Anyone on here help me to find the best route to take a Widebeam from Skipton to the Lea and Stort,I realise that the full journey cannot be done and a crane out and in will be required.Where will be the best places be for cranage.This is not for my own boat but a friends.The width and length are 11 ft x 57ft.Thanks.

Edited by bowten

Anyone on here help me to find the best route to take a Widebeam from Skipton to the Lea and Stort,I realise that the full journey cannot be done and a crane out and in will be required.Where will be the best places be for cranage.This is not for my own boat but a friends.The width and length are 11 ft x 57ft.Thanks.

Watford is a favorite for craning in w/beams, also the maltings Sawbridgeworth R.Stort, hire your own mobile crane (weekends only).

Ian the door of the George pub at Hallingbury is nearly off its hinges!!.Paul said.

Liverpool marina has a straddle which lifts out cheaply. I looked at hiring a crane somewhere near Foxton but not feasible. Paul Lorenz brought his boat Pauline back from Holland on a low loader to Liverpool as it was the cheapest crane option. I had my 62x13.5 weighing 40 tonnes lifted out at Liverpool for £300 Low Loader to Worcester £800 and hired a crane £1500 to drop into the Severn in 2000, but that wharf is now a housing estate. I believe there is a straddle at Gravesend belonging to the pilot boats.

Feck off,lets have some proper answers.

If you put your bed next to a wall you won't ne able to get out of it on the wrong side.;)

Seriously, don't forget that there is restricted access through Berkhamsted at the Rising Sun.

If you put your bed next to a wall you won't ne able to get out of it on the wrong side.wink.png

Seriously, don't forget that there is restricted access through Berkhamsted at the Rising Sun.

We had no problems getting all the way up to Bishops Stortford but coming back down one lock with a bridge just below enabled me to pull water out of the lock going up but going down I had to use a hacksaw to lower the Wind Genny bracket.

We had no problems getting all the way up to Bishops Stortford but coming back down one lock with a bridge just below enabled me to pull water out of the lock going up but going down I had to use a hacksaw to lower the Wind Genny bracket.

Most likely Spelbrook lock.