I am a little in awe.......

Midnight Lady

Featured Posts

I was talking to a chap that moors near me today - he is in his eighties and has lived on his boat for 40 years he tells me. He also mentioned that he goes swimming in the river (Avon) wearing a tractor tyre inner tube and told me that he goes towards the weir because he is "not a strong swimmer and the current will just pull you towards the weir and its shallower there so I can clamber out and walk back " (presumably in his pants wearing a rubber ring). He also added "and if you miss and go over the weir its quite fun in a rubber ring".

Now I know that these days people are far too health and safety conscious and taking the odd risk is ok really but this is completely barking isn't it?

However I am a little bit in awe..................

You've clearly not met the orthodox Jewish pensioner who was fond of snorkelling in the Lee in Tottenham. In December. He knew the location of every sunken motorbike and tender. If he liked you he'd gift you broken oars and bits of chain that he'd found on the river bed.