A Vid Of A Boat Docking In High Winds

DeanS

Featured Posts

I notice most of the other boats have two bow anchors out. This DH doesn't even bother with one.

He make a complete arse of himself in a modest (for the Med) cross wind despite two engines and bow/stern thrusters and a dinghy assisting, then jams himself between two other boats relying on the anchors of the downwind one.

I notice most of the other boats have two bow anchors out. This DH doesn't even bother with one.

He make a complete arse of himself in a modest (for the Med) cross wind despite two engines and bow/stern thrusters and a dinghy assisting, then jams himself between two other boats relying on the anchors of the downwind one.

They are

If you look, none of the other boats have their anchors deployed. They are moored med style with shore moorings which are passed to the boat after mooring. The ends are on the quayside and the rest of the mooring rope lays on the bottom. These ropes lead to fixed mooring points ahead of the moored boats which are laid by the harbour authorities; either permanent mooring anchors or large clump weights. They are becoming more and more common in the med (and elsewhere )when stern-to moorings are provided and avoid many of the problems when using the boats anchors ( fouled and crossed anchors).

Howard

Howard