Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering 2013

Featured Posts

Hardly public unless I suppose you are a facebook person.

Yes, I have already apologised for this.

It used to be the case that you did not in any way have to be a Facebook member to see a public album created there.

Something has changed, either with Facebook itself, or the "Canals and Rivers UK" group in Facebook, and it seems non-Facebook users can no longer see what they could in the past.

Because I have no other easy way of uploading this many photos over fairly duff connections, I have made them available to those who can see them.

An awful lot of CWDF members are now on Facebook, but I'm aware many are not, and I can easily understand why they may not want to be - I have ,y own reservations about Facebook.

If I can get some of the pictures into Photobucket, and then our blog, I'll do so, but it takes far, far longer.

EDITED TO ADD:

Jan Warsop (cheshire~rose)'s album is anyway far more imaginitive than ours, which is really only showing the boats. For those who want a flavour of thewhole thing, not just the boats, I'd commend he photoset over ours anyway!.

Edited by alan_fincher

This was our first boat gathering and we loved it- Saw lots of lovely interesting boats and met several forum members. The music was good and overall a really pleasant, chilled and enjoyable weekend. Thanks to everyone involved

Jackie and Gary

OK,

For those who just want to see boats, but can't see the two Facebook albums I have put up so far, (one for Sunday, one for Monday), here are what we have been able to salvage from some camera disasters on the first day (Saturday).

These are in our blog, and anybody should be able to view them. Clicking on any particular photo should enlarge it......

Saturday blog post.

Edited by alan_fincher

Annoyingly, I lost over half of my Saturday pictures too in a user-error related SD card mishap, something that has never happened to me before! sad.png

For those who are interested, the Alvecote awards went to the following boats/people:

The light parade winner was "Dream Maker" (the Halloween-themed boat).

Michael Pinnock and "Emu" won the Les Lapworth award for the best presented historic boat.

Michael Pinnock also won the turning competition, with Paul Barber and "Whitby" coming second.

Edited by Starcoaster

OK,

For those who just want to see boats, but can't see the two Facebook albums I have put up so far, (one for Sunday, one for Monday), here are what we have been able to salvage from some camera disasters on the first day (Saturday).

These are in our blog, and anybody should be able to view them. Clicking on any particular photo should enlarge it......

Saturday blog post.

And now managed wth a struggle to get most of our Sunday pictures into the blog as well, (note broadly the same as those already on Facebook).

Sunday blog post

A Great weekend was had by all. Thank you to all attending visitors and boats.

The Les Lapworth Award was won by M Pinnock Jnr.

The Winding award was also won by M.Pinnock Jnr.

The Free Hull Blacking for best Illumination went to G.Deakin on the Ghost boat 'Dream Maker'

Also a huge thanks to all visiting boats that contributed a mooring donation towards the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Trust. We all managed to raise £300 pounds.

Look forward to seeing some familiar faces up the cut at Shackerstone Family Festival

Lawrence

The Monday parade (mostly)

Again I'm afraid it is a public album, but in a Facebook Group

Linky

OK, finally......

For those who couldn't see the Monday parade pictures as a Facebbok Album, I have now loaded broadly the same set to our blog, here.

• 4 months later...

Have placed a video of the boat parades on Youtube.

"Alvecote 2013" in Youtube search box.

Would not show www address correctly when I tried to enter.

I really like that jacket. It suits you well Alan!

MtB

Did you win the bet?

It lost me lots of points in the winding competition!

I actually got Sickle around in one outside the Samuel Barlow, (easily missing the commentator's shiny boat!), but had a deduction made for "sartorial elegance", so still didn't feature on the winners' podium.

(I was robbed!....)

Having now watched it all the way through, I particularly like the comments overheard at about 04:30

Something like....

If that was mine I wouldn't have it there tomorrow, because it didn't half get a "donk"!

I do recall that they "didn't have it there tomorrow"!