Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering 2013

Featured Posts

I just has a call from Python crew member Eddie to ask who the bloke was asking where I was - I said oh that will be Matty then - he said no it wasn't Maffi, I know Maffi ;)

I now need to find a replacement screw cap for the thetford waste tank as it appears it has been lost into the elsan point. It won't the first time that has happened and it won't be the last.

Python has arrived and is once again doing her usual trick of allowing the wet stuff that is supposed to be on the outside to come inside. :(

Bilge pump in place and working, battery hooked up to a landline. We will pop in tomorrow evening to check all looks ok. If anyone who is on the scene notices her starting to look a little lower in the water than she should be or a list then please don't ignore it. Lots of people have my contact number and Laurence is aware of the situation.

You can get replacement lids for the waste outlet of cassettes for about £4 in most chandlers.

Ask me how I know this.

wink.png

When the crew rang to report the problem I told them they were not the first people this had happened to and they will not be the last

Edited to add We are going to go and have a look at Python tonight and the draw of having a decent pint at Samuel Barlows rather then continuing our journey to our own boat where there is no longer a decent pub may prove too much.

I feel a pre banter coming on if anyone is already there - if not we will just test the beer to report back to you all.

Edited by cheshire~rose

Probably still waiting for martins bbq to cook..

have you seen the film Snatch? At Braunston going to Tradline for some more rope will catch up later.............................Whats happening with them sausages Martin?

"Five minutes Guv."

So you haven't found that hole in PYTHON?

That is one of the reasons we are going there tonight - because the crew report they might have found the hole! As always in a dark and quite inaccessible place and the batteries in the torch were dead so we plan to go and satisfy our own minds that she is still floating and take a decent light so we can have a poke about in the area they suggest might be causing a problem - perhaps we won't poke too hard though just in case :)

With a week to go there is already an impressive turn out of craft here at Alvecote.

Don't forget to dig your Christmas lights and other illuminations out for the Illuminated boat parade on the Sat night. There is a free dry docking and hull blacking up for grabs for the winner!

The 'Les Lapworth' award will also be running for the best turned out historic boat so lets hope the weather doesn't spoil the brasses.

Look forward to seeing you all soon