livaboard mooring but would be traveling 9 months of year

wullie

Featured Posts

Wullie - - hey - there's no need for apologies.

Welcome to the forum, please read up all the information that's on here, and join in the chat.

IF you get a chance, and are anywhere near any of the (almost spontaneous) 'Banters' (where members get together for a chat, exchange stories, information - and, sometimes drink) you'll be made most welcome

thanks for your kind comments,i am looking to come down to the Crick show,would like the opportunity tomeet up with few people to have a chat and have a look at o few boats

Whilst we won't be at Crick this year - - it's a racing certainty that some Forum members will be.....

Have a look at the 'Banters' threads and see if anyone has yet organised anything - or organise one yourself.

(NB - the Beer Tent has been known to be a favoured meeting place)

sounds like a good place to me.cheers.gif

How can you tell it is a CC license?

The prefix in the licence number is BW for CCers (well ours is anyway). As I understand it if you have a mooring the prefix will be the canal you're moored on, eg GU

The prefix in the licence number is BW for CCers (well ours is anyway). As I understand it if you have a mooring the prefix will be the canal you're moored on, eg GU

Its 007

Seems from your earliest comments that you've been reading 'other forums' and beliveing. I wonder which? Since you've now found the only forum which truly works, helps and sarcs yer fooing head off then I trust you'll listen to the boaters in here ?

Seems from your earliest comments that you've been reading 'other forums' and beliveing. I wonder which? Since you've now found the only forum which truly works, helps and sarcs yer fooing head off then I trust you'll listen to the boaters in here ?

yes and am i glad i found youclapping.gif

Its 007

always fanced myself as james bond typedetective.gif

Who cares wether someone on another boat has a mooring or is a continous cruiser, lifes too short to be bloody bothered.

ps, i have no mooring, a house, 2 cars, a wife and we both work fulltime, a motorhome, and no it doesnt mean i dodge paying a mooring or paying council tax, people need to mind their own business and live their own lives and stop judging people.

I also live on the boat fulltime and have never claimed a penny in benefits.

To save you looking my licence starts with gu.

RFLMAO.

Who cares wether someone on another boat has a mooring or is a continous cruiser, lifes too short to be bloody bothered.

ps, i have no mooring, a house, 2 cars, a wife and we both work fulltime, a motorhome, and no it doesnt mean i dodge paying a mooring or paying council tax, people need to mind their own business and live their own lives and stop judging people.

I also live on the boat fulltime and have never claimed a penny in benefits.

To save you looking my licence starts with gu.

RFLMAO.

i am not intrested in anything to do with other boaters, i was just trying to find what true feelings, i want to do this as MY way of life and want/need to know all the in and outs, i feel it is all been a big mistake, just going with other forums i have looked at and thought i had found a good site but not so sure now, sorry for any upset i have caused you i am not saying anything wrong/bad about you or your fellow boaters.

I wasnt having a go, my suggestion would be dont worry about a mooring, get one hired for a week to get a feel for the size you can handle, then if you still want one go looking at brokers, buy the canal magazines from wh smiths and get looking, and enjoy.

No need to keep apologising!!

Many of us live differently on our boats, and most are accepting of each others ways.

For example, I have a year round mooring...I just don't use it because I don't like to be in a single spot, so we wander around locally because of my work requirements, but never use the mooring. I have it because I have to have it.

I dread them coming up with a "you have to use your mooring x days in a year" rule...then I will spit my dummy!! :D

If you are looking for a newbuild by the way........have you considered us??? ;)

I've learnt something today!

it explains why they put cc on me license then,

they still think I still have a home mooring on the Coventry Canal

I am also thinking of buying a narrowboat for continued cruising but i wont be retired so will still need to work,it might be cheeky for me to ask but i am a builder"multi traded",is their anyone on here who finds small jobs while moving around,im not interested in making a forune,just enough to live as i have no kids and dont intend on having any....failing that i would think of starting a small buisines buying and selling at canal fairs,boot sales etc... i'd be interested to hear any advice from boaters who might do this...thanks.....the bug bare of life...money,i have enough for a good boat and a lump left over...i would buy another house to do up and sell but the last property i done cost 20k in tme and materials and i just about got my money back that i invested on materials and the house price...bugar all for the hard work i put in !

i am not intrested in anything to do with other boaters, i was just trying to find what true feelings, i want to do this as MY way of life and want/need to know all the in and outs, i feel it is all been a big mistake, just going with other forums i have looked at and thought i had found a good site but not so sure now, sorry for any upset i have caused you i am not saying anything wrong/bad about you or your fellow boaters.

I think you may be taking all the replies on this thread as a direct reply to your first post. Don't worry, they're not and normally a post at the bottom is in response to the post above it, not your original one. If it isn't, people normally quote the post they're responding to.

Anyway, as others have said, I'm sure you can make do with either a leisure mooring or at least a winter one :)