Miserable Marina boaters And long term moorers

gregg62

Featured Posts

I regularly walk my dogs along the towing path. I usually always say hello, good morning/good afternoon to people on boats passing. I could count on one hand the number of replies I've got. Quite a lot try to look away and pretend they never saw me.

My frend and I have been clearing up in the fieds down by the river for the last 2 weeks and have noticed this more than a couple of times!

The sun has been out and only about 9 or 10 boats have pasted us, but we both looked up and gave a wave, feel slightly envious we were working and not cruising! Only 1 waved back and you couldn't have "NOT SEEN US", maybe Ihould have turned chainsaw offcool.png But the 1 that did wave back,made our day, little things....

And my mum.

She says hello to anyone.

When I grew up I thought she knew everyone

Yet I was taught not to talk to strangers.

Ooh! ohmy.png You talked to us when you were going through Springwell lock last weekend and we were walking along the towpath! I'm telling your mum of you! tongue.png

What a load of do do.

We say hello and wave at othe boaters and towpath walkers, cyclists etc, the only ones who tend not to make eye contact are anglers.

Marina dwellers are fine. The original poster must live in a pretty sad area, hope i never go there!

I regularly walk my dogs along the towing path. I usually always say hello, good morning/good afternoon to people on boats passing. I could count on one hand the number of replies I've got. Quite a lot try to look away and pretend they never saw me.

You could try carrying a full poo bag at all times. Whenever I see a dog walker, even more with multiple dogs, my first thought is "where is what comes out of the back". Ready to tread in, or trail my lines in perhaps?

When I see the poo bag I go out of my way to be friendly.

George ex nb Alton retired

Are you the guy with the dog?

Or the guy with the camera?

Or neither?

If I have the correct lock.

Nope! You must have the wrong lock! biggrin.png I'm the guyess (with the guy with the beard) who directed you to the White Bear pub at Batchworth! cheers.gif

I once said this before , about 3 years ago , when I go past marinas or boaters with long term moorings , no one talks to me or says hi, it's like I am invisible , then when I get past , boaters talke and say hi, so i f paying fortunes and never moving gives you the hump , sell up and go bye a house , and to every one else have a beautiful hot weekend , on the cut, from the invisible man ,

Was yer wearing a pirates outfit and steering a day boat?

Nope! You must have the wrong lock! biggrin.png I'm the guyess (with the guy with the beard) who directed you to the White Bear pub at Batchworth! cheers.gif

Yes, of course!

I'm thinking of wrong lock.

Thanks but I didn't end up there (the white bear)

I tried mooring but there was a shelf of gravel and I couldn't get my boat to the bank. So I carried on and didn't stop till Watford. Then ended up in a horrible harvester.

But thanks for the chat.

After you left a man arrived with his little daughter and she was asking all about the locks and how they fill and empty.

I'm at Cosgrove now.

Cheers!

You could try carrying a full poo bag at all times. Whenever I see a dog walker, even more with multiple dogs, my first thought is "where is what comes out of the back". Ready to tread in, or trail my lines in perhaps?

When I see the poo bag I go out of my way to be friendly.

I can't quite work out if you're being serious or not.

I always carry a pooh bag in my pocket. In fact usually about 10. I work with dogs and at the moment have 26 in kennels at work. Those kennels are cleaned every day. That is one hell of a lot of dog shit I clean up every day. I can assure you that picking up the odd crap my own dog does doesn't trouble me one bit.

Are you saying you would only wave and say hello to me AFTER my dog has done his buisness? And should I then put it in a bin whilst passing I would be back to getting the silent treatment should I see you?

I find that all a bit sad. But apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick as that can sometimes happen on the Internet.

I can't quite work out if you're being serious or not.

I always carry a pooh bag in my pocket. In fact usually about 10. I work with dogs and at the moment have 26 in kennels at work. Those kennels are cleaned every day. That is one hell of a lot of dog shit I clean up every day. I can assure you that picking up the odd crap my own dog does doesn't trouble me one bit.

Are you saying you would only wave and say hello to me AFTER my dog has done his buisness? And should I then put it in a bin whilst passing I would be back to getting the silent treatment should I see you?

I find that all a bit sad. But apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick as that can sometimes happen on the Internet.

Not fully serious but there is a grain of truth in there. I know that someone carrying a poo bag HAS picked up. With anyone else I am less certain. Perhaps others who offer the cold shoulder may have a similar viewpoint and carry that to the point of not speaking.

If someone on a long walk isn't carrying a bag, just where is the poo? (My mother used to put the bag in her pocket in winter to keep her hands warm but not everyone would want to do that).

There are choices. Leave it where it drops (unacceptable). Kick it into the long grass (unacceptable). Bag it and leave it (unacceptable). Flick it into the cut (Given that I also had to go in from time to time to clear the blade I put this also in the unacceptable bracket). This only leaves taking the bag home and I, like you, am not ashamed to show to others what I do with my dog's output.

There is a playing field at the back of my house. I know from 5 years of seeing people coming and going just who picks up and who thinks it acceptable to leave it where children play. I am not as friendly with the latter group.

• Greenie 1

Not fully serious but there is a grain of truth in there. I know that someone carrying a poo bag HAS picked up. With anyone else I am less certain. Perhaps others who offer the cold shoulder may have a similar viewpoint and carry that to the point of not speaking.

If someone on a long walk isn't carrying a bag, just where is the poo? (My mother used to put the bag in her pocket in winter to keep her hands warm but not everyone would want to do that).

There are choices. Leave it where it drops (unacceptable). Kick it into the long grass (unacceptable). Bag it and leave it (unacceptable). Flick it into the cut (Given that I also had to go in from time to time to clear the blade I put this also in the unacceptable bracket). This only leaves taking the bag home and I, like you, am not ashamed to show to others what I do with my dog's output.

There is a playing field at the back of my house. I know from 5 years of seeing people coming and going just who picks up and who thinks it acceptable to leave it where children play. I am not as friendly with the latter group.

This just about sums it up,have a greenie

I take the huff at your remark about marina boaters and being miserable! we ve just gone into a marina, as needs must, and I'll talk to anyone and everyone. we're a friendly bunch us 'Yorkies'!!

I take the huff at your remark about marina boaters and being miserable! we ve just gone into a marina, as needs must, and I'll talk to anyone and everyone. we're a friendly bunch us 'Yorkies'!!

Totally agree girlies are soooooooooooo friendly :) ( I can only do happy or sad faces my icons not working ;( )

Totally agree yorkies are soooooooooooo friendly :) ( I can only do happy or sad faces my icons not working ;( )

I once said this before , about 3 years ago , when I go past marinas or boaters with long term moorings , no one talks to me or says hi, it's like I am invisible , then when I get past , boaters talke and say hi, so i f paying fortunes and never moving gives you the hump , sell up and go bye a house , and to every one else have a beautiful hot weekend , on the cut, from the invisible man ,

Do you wave at every car that passes you?, yeah I thought not.

Phil