anyone near sawley?

Dar Kuma

Featured Posts

Need someone to have a look at a boat for me if they could.

like water from a stone. :)

Is the boat broken and you need assistance?

what is broken or not working?

Do you need towing?

Are you trying to buy a boat and need advice?

No one is going to respond unless you take about 3mins to put more info on what you need.

Well, you know, not trying to draw attention to said boat as I want to buy it, And if I start giving details

on the forum then it maybe sold before I get the chance.

I have emailed the person of said boat, just need someone to check it out

as I'm in cornwall and it's a bit far considering I have a course on the 6th of may.

OK, I can understand your reluctance (I think) to name the boat but what do you mean by "check it out". Do you want someone to look at the paintwork and tell you how that looks? do you want someone to look inside and tell you how they think it looks? Do you want someone to test all the appliances and see if they work? Do you want someone to start the engine and see how it sounds or do you want them to have a good look at engine and related bits and tell you if they are OK? In fact, do you want someone to survey the boat? Remember, an optimist looking at something will think it is wonderful and a pessimist will think it is falling to bits.

Sorry not to be more helpful but just trying to clarify what you want so that someone may respond positively to you. I can't as I am even farther away than you

haggis

Edited by haggis

Well, you know, not trying to draw attention to said boat as I want to buy it, And if I start giving details

on the forum then it maybe sold before I get the chance.

I have emailed the person of said boat, just need someone to check it out

as I'm in cornwall and it's a bit far considering I have a course on the 6th of may.

That would be a surveyor wink.png

From the ad it's ticking all the right boxes as far as I'm concerned, recent hull survey 2011, full replate, and I've seen a couple of pictures inside and out.

thanks grace, will look ;)

Edited by Dar Kuma

Well, I've just been pm'ed and told that it is a floating skip and should be treated as such.

some details I have mentioned and I will mention another, the paint does look very good fer a floating skip plus

the other details I have also mentioned including a survey in 2011 + full hull replate, allthough I don't know when the replate was done.

It clearly has had some money spent on it.

Oh I see, call me cynical but maybe you warn me off the boat and then put an offer in yerself eh?

If that is indeed what is going on then you are a manipulative little shite, I'm actually looking fer somewhere to live here and

if I don't find anywhere I am going to be homeless, so your actions to me currently are of someone very low and self centered just out to

make a few quid and resell it.

cheers.

Do you actually know that

Oh I see, call me cynical but maybe you warn me off the boat and then put an offer in yerself eh?

If that is indeed what is going on then you are a manipulative little shite, I'm actually looking fer somewhere to live here and

if I don't find anywhere I am going to be homeless, so your actions to me currently are of someone very low and self centered just out to

cheers.

Do you actually know that this is what has happened? Personally I very much doubt it.

If you think it may be the case then I for one would be extremely surprised. From your comments you do not seem to certain yourself so why on earth start name calling on a public forum?

You asked for help and it would appear you got it and there was a second person willing to offer a second opinion too. I would imagine that following your comments any other forum member would think twice about offering help to you in this way in future.

I do hope you do not end up homeless but in your anxiety to get fixed up please do not shoot yourself in the foot by saying unkind things about the very people who are trying to help you.

cheers.

Just who exactly is that comment aimed at?

I trust its not Tim (mr smelly) because if it is and he decides not to offer any more help you have just shot yourself in the foot in a big way.

cheers.

You, sunshine, need to get off your arse and go and look for yourself.

I am no friend of Mrs Melly or Grace and Favour but I don't recognise your cynical and abusive observation.

• Greenie 1

You, sunshine, need to get off your arse and go and look for yourself.

I am no friend of Mrs Melly or Grace and Favour but I don't recognise your cynical and abusive observation.

Hi Chris

I dont think it was myself he was aiming his comment at as he never contacted me to look at the boat, I never heard a squeek from him.

Bye the way I love you hug.gif

Tim

Hi Chris

I dont think it was myself he was aiming his comment at as he never contacted me to look at the boat, I never heard a squeek from him.

Bye the way I love you hug.gif

Tim

Let me break this to you gently.........

I am sorry to say it would appear to be unrequieted love as he did say he "was no friend of yours"

cheers.

I strongly suspect that you've got the wrong end of a stick here, - and suggest you have a most genuine apology to offer!

Edited to add: - And I'm not the one requiring an apology!

Edited by Grace & Favour