anyone near sawley?

Dar Kuma

Featured Posts

Just one further thought to the OP -

Have you considered being a bit more circumspect about posting links to boats you quite like on here, by doing so you are merely giving potentially nice boats additional exposure. People then tip in with advice in the open forum and if they 'big up' any of the boats anybody else looking at the forum (guests or other members) could jump in and pinch it from under your nose, I suspect this is what has has possibly happened here.

Neither of the people who have either PM'd you or offered direct help to look at any boat would be so underhand in my opinion.

Lastly - whilst I know that Chris does not count me as one of his friends either (no sleep lost there though) what he says is spot on - you do need to start looking at boats yourself to get a feel of what you budget will buy.

Book yourself into a cheap B&B or a Travelodge in the Midlands somewhere and spend at least a couple of days visiting some brokers to see what they have got in the flesh. THEN when you have seen a boat or two you like send a call out on here and if you get a response PM that person the details, ideally look around the boat with them.

Assuming you haven't pissed everybody off you will get the help you need. After that I personally would still get a hull survey done as a minimum but you will probably find a knowledgeable person from here having a look at the boat will negate the need for a full survey.

Oh I see, call me cynical but maybe you warn me off the boat and then put an offer in yerself eh?

If that is indeed what is going on then you are a manipulative little shite, I'm actually looking fer somewhere to live here and

if I don't find anywhere I am going to be homeless, so your actions to me currently are of someone very low and self centered just out to

make a few quid and resell it.

cheers.

No idea who this is aimed at, but as you yourself seem to only be guessing about some skullduggery, with no actual evidence, what a nasty spiteful thing to say.

I certainly would not now currently respond to any request you made for help, even if the "for sale" boat was on the mooring bang next to mine, and I knew the details of it intimately, so I think your attitude is definitely only scoring own goals.

I think you either need to offer some evidence for your allegation, (which I doubt you have), or issue an unreserved apology.

Edited by alan_fincher

I thought you were after a floating skip for all your empty Champers bottles and pistachio shells G&F. They do take up a dreadful amount of room on ones boat.

Look - - enough of this sniping!

IF I ever get sufficient empty champagne bottles and (macadamia!) shells and require a butty/skip - I'd just get an Hudson

(virtual: Big tongue in cheek smiley)

Edited by Grace & Favour

Agreed with everyone else's comments.

You (o.p.) been pretty rude to several people since you joined the forum, as evinced by both this thread and the "cruisers" one.

I'd have been put off helping you around the time you used the phrase "half breed canal boat user" in the midst of a losing debate, and yet despite asking people you've never even met to go out of their way to do something for you, you again start flinging shite when things didn't go your way over a boat sale.

Nobody owes you a favour, and nobody owes you a boat. If people choose to help you then that is nice of them, but there is merit in the 'do it yourself' school of thought, particularly if you have trust issues or feel that people are trying to con you. A boat for sale is for sale to everyone, you do not reserve it by expressing an interest in it.

As my Da said to me on several occasions in my yoof, "Go away and think about your actions, and come back when you're ready to stop being a gitbag."

Edited by Starcoaster
  • Greenie 3

Maybe I'll just piss off then, If you think it doesn't happen on this forum then I suggest you probably start thinking it

probably does.

thank you to the people who have tried to help me but as I see it most of it being counter productive and of no help whatsoever.

As for getting off my arse It takes time emailing sellers and arranging times as I'm near penzance only for them to email back and say the boat is sold.

you figure it out.

If you think I'm being a bit harsh well, so be it, I don't have a lot of time to be veiwing boat after boat as I need somewhere to live

in the next few weeks.

Edited by Dar Kuma

Maybe I'll just piss off then, If you think it doesn't happen on this forum then I suggest you probably start thinking it

probably does.

thank you to the people who have tried to help me but as I see it most of it being counter productive and of no help whatsoever.

As for getting off my arse It takes time emailing sellers and arranging times as I'm near penzance only for them to email back and say the boat is sold.

you figure it out.

If you think I'm being a bit harsh well, so be it, I don't have a lot of time to be veiwing boat after boat as I need somewhere to live

in the next few weeks.

You either want a boat or you don't want a boat - buying one requires some commitment to the process, don't you think others on here may have commitments too, why expect them to put effort in when you want to just 'email sellers' - draw up a template email and re-use it for each viewing request - it's not that hard FFS.

It's up to you whether you remain with the forum but the way you are continuing to dig yourself into a hole you may find you have shafted the chance of gaining any real help from it's members so it's you that needs to 'figure it out' - (your words)

How ungrateful- If you cant' be arsed to look at boats then I suggest that isnt the life for you-Everyone on this forum will know that it takes time and EFFORT to find the right boat especially with a limited budget

Suggest you follow your own advice- Bye!

Seems to me that by your judgement you are going to be stuffed!

So you find another boat you want looking at?

Ultimately you'll have to supply details.

So if it then gets bought you are going to accuse your volunteer viewer of gazumpimg you?

Sheesh!

Look - - enough of this sniping!

IF I ever get sufficient empty champagne bottles and (macadamia!) shells and require a butty/skip - I'd just get an Hudson

(virtual: Big tongue in cheek smiley)

I can vouch for G and F. His boat is NOT aground on empty champagne bottles, not unless Gordon has added bubbly to his offering.

I've got a boat he can buy. No need to do all that nasty hard work of coming to see it, we can do it all on the phone.

Lovely little boat, one lady owner, a bargain.

Honest, guv.

And low mileage never been in accident or touched the bottom.

Wow! I have been watching this, we have only had our boat for nearly a year, we probably would still not have one if it wasnt for the amazing, free and continuing help from forum members, some of which are now good friends,of which I would help anytime if needed.

Not a good way to join the close community, however I am suspicious that we may have indeed found a troll?

Wow! I have been watching this, we have only had our boat for nearly a year, we probably would still not have one if it wasnt for the amazing, free and continuing help from forum members, some of which are now good friends,of which I would help anytime if needed.

Not a good way to join the close community, however I am suspicious that we may have indeed found a troll?

I'm not sure the OP is a troll TBH - just rather somebody who doesn't properly understand the boat buying process and on that being pointed out to them doesn't like what they are being told and has kicked back at forum members who have tried to help and now is in a hole so deep that they are struggling to extract themselves from it -

I wonder if they should try the plethora of other Inland waterways forums and see how long they wait to get help from them.......after all there are loads of active ones like this out there.

One option open to the OP would be to ask the seller of a boat to put it on a low loader and deliver to Cornwall so you can have a look, if you like it, buy and ask driver to deliver to destination of your choice. If you don't like it, send him away and fetch another one! Simples.

If you do this, can you ask the driver to pick me up a case of Proper Job :-)

Seriously, as said before, travelodge, and spend a couple of days viewing.

It takes time emailing sellers and arranging times as I'm near penzance only for them to email back and say the boat is sold.

I'm all prepared to travel to get a boat, I guess you don't realise other people have commitments like someone else mentioned in a post above which means WE both have to arrange when I can get up there so I can veiw..and then they sell the boat

this isn't rocket science.

but fine, delete my account....this is pointless.

I wasn't aware that deletemyaccount had posted on this thread.

Perhaps asking at 1am ish for someone to PM you, with no reason why, perhaps look at the thread from where you started it onwards and work out why this has not given you the outcome you hoped for.

There are people who would have helped you , there are also people who can assist who do this kind of thing for a living.

Whichever way, you still have to look at the boat yourself at some point as it doesn't matter whether it ticks all the boxes on your list, it may be completely wrong once you finally get to see it.

i shoudl add that the boat market is moving extremely quickly at the moment from what I have seen in the last few weeks.

I'm all prepared to travel to get a boat, I guess you don't realise other people have commitments like someone else mentioned in a post above which means WE both have to arrange when I can get up there so I can veiw..and then they sell the boat

this isn't rocket science.

but fine, delete my account....this is pointless.

Errrr - why are you talking to yourself??

It is pointless agreed ~ as you are expecting all the help with minimal effort on your part, when some help gets offered you then imply you have been shafted by the member helping you.

BTW ~ The mods. generally are not keen on deleting accounts as it messes up the 'flow' of threads as their posts vanish too.

If you want to 'go' just stop posting (especially in response to your own posts)

Edited by The Dog House

I must say I find it hard to imagine why anyone would be foolish enough to help this guy from now on. "High maintenance" would be an understatement! Shame - if he carries on like this in real life he must be having a very unhappy life. Some people just have no self-awareness.

When looking for our present boat, we dug out our camping gear from the loft/garage and went camping for a fortnight.

We not only enjoyed getting back to living in a field for a short time but found the boat we wanted 200 miles from home.

When we decide to replace Nightwatch, hopefully later this year, we will seek advice from the forum, if and when we find a boat with an engine room and a 'nice' engine for our budget.

The OP is defo under pressure to find a home and has, as has been mentioned, dug himself into a hole with his off the cuff comments.

I wish him well and trust something will come along soon to ease the pressure.

Martyn edited as I should learn to read through before posting.

Edited by Nightwatch

The only people who would ever take a chance on buying a boat without seeing it is a dealer who might have a good idea about the particular boat via the grape vine or knows the market well enough to know the asking price is a steal. It is sods law the boats you want to look at are always in another area of the country, when you happen to be tucked away in a corner it means all of them are a long way to travel.

The market has been depressed for a while - just most markets in these credit crunch times. There areboats out there that have been for sale all through the winter months, the owners are paying fees to keep them sitting there unsold and some will be starting to get desperate enough to accept a low offer. The sun has finally come out and everyone who was thinking of buying a boat will now be seriously looking. There will be a lot of boats that have been stuck on the market which will start shifting at this time of year. The same happens with motorcycles. It really is more of a sellers market right now than it has been for several months which means that any buyer who is wanting a bargain is going to have to put a good deal of leg work in to do so and is likely to miss quite a few "potentials" as other buyers nip in and grab them.

Of course, the OP might actually have reason to be grateful to whoever bought that boat. It may actually have been a skip but the buyer is too naive to realise it and has not had a survey (yet) The buyer may have saved him from a time consuming wasted journey to see it. Of course that was what G&F was trying to do for him but look where it got him!

hi there , can i replace my kd12 broken engine with a kd14 ? i might sound stupid but really need to get on the move ? kind regards Rowan

Are you lost??