Forum Software Update

DHutch

Featured Posts

Following our move to a new server a fortnight ago the second phase is to move to the most recent version of the forum software, which is expected to take place shortly. The downtime during the change is expected to be short, and although the forum will look noticeably different and gain some additional features, this should not pose any issues to the user experience, as the core interface will remain as you have come to expect.

Please discus anything relating to this update in the below thread.

Daniel

Good stuff Dan. I have used later versions of this software and I really like them

Best of luck with the migration

Richard

Any chance we could have a look at the forum(s) in question - by way of a sneak preview of what we can expect??

This is ridiculous!

CWDF is a canal forum...Why on earth should we upgrade to a Narrow Gauge Railway one?

Is this really progress?

Can't you see the advantage of a 4-6-4 narrowboat would have on shallow pounds? :cheers:

Like the look of it Dan, still a bit slow with avatars etc, however, this may be my internet connection.

No massive cumture shock and seems to be easily navigable, as a canal forum should be.

Am I missing the function to jump direct to another board within the forum ( eg General Boating to Equipment)?

N

Old version was no longer supported, server was throwing up memory errors, if Dan didn't upgrade the software the server owners keep blaming it on the old software rather than getting on and solving the problem. Sometimes you have to jump through hoops to get results

Richard

Old version was no longer supported, server was throwing up memory errors, if Dan didn't upgrade the software the server owners keep blaming it on the old software rather than getting on and solving the problem.

Indeed, combined with the fact there are a host of other reasons why running three year old unsupported software is ill advised. Such as security risks, and the fact there have been improvements to the software suite.

We held onto 3.1 for as long as we could, having leapfrogged 3.0, but am update was inevitable and this was deemed a suitable time to carry it out.

We are currently working on the issue of the fatal memory allocation errors.

Daniel