A BIT BLOWEY

Richard Bustens

Featured Posts

There is a hell of a wind blowing out there, Is everyone ok?

Yes it is VERY windy, we was blowing around very well last night, the trees were howling,

Good job we have no where to go to this weekend, i wouldnt like to be trying to navagate the waterways in that :D

Ross

I don't think anyone has escaped these gales, but we have been lucky so far. A couple of large trees have blown down near by and my neighbours TV ariel is swinging loosely in the wind. I'm filling the moat and raising the drawbridge till all subsides. :D

It's fairly decent up here near Falkirk. Being in the middle near enough, we have been quite lucky.

Don't know about the boat though, I'll find out next week when I go down. After all Otherton is a bit blowy at the best of times.

Colin

Bottom Lock 20 at Stoke Bruerne, was extremely windy all night, through to about 4.00pm today.

Waterway clear from bottom lock through to Blissworth Tunnel and clear from bottom lock through to Navigation PH.

Cheers all.

:D

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that. I'm sure they would anyway.....very helpful.

I've got to go down next week anyway to do oil changes etc. and put the boat to bed for the winter.

Cheers,

Colin

Bl**dy exhausting weekend. 1 boat nearly sunk (wooden hull, and neighbouring narrowboat driven onto it). 2 broken pontoons, 1 very large houseboat broke it's mooring poles and nearly driven ashore, my pontoon broken in two, and a tree down. Only just got cars away from mooring, as access road went from dry to 18" deep in 30 minutes.

I spent all Sat clearing tree and winching other people's boats about - then worked until well dark on Sun repairing my own pontoon.

I have the only boat powerful enough to move against the wind and current, and at one point thought I'd have to start using my boat to pull other people's boats.

Feeling a bit fed up, as I am surrounded by people who can barely tie a knot, and every time there are floods I end up 'rescuing' them.

Well i thought we had got away with this wind .

But got a call from work today saying water coming in through the roof

just been up and the whole length of the felt has blown over about 1000sq foot

with more wind forcasted for tonight the insurance co said to get it made safe, but that is easer said than done all the roofers are busy mending roofs.

Best start mooving things :D

Yeah, its quite strange being in a narrow boat in the wind, with our funnel we rock quite a lot, but some of the boats with high up wind turbines look quite unsafe!!

- its really quite windy at whixhal, the wind had taken one of the life rings of our deck, and a whole gang plank off another and though somone window!

daniel

Not been back home yet. Hope everything still here.

We had to rescue a NB after Friday night's winds. The stern pin had come completely out (luckily they had the type with a ring so still attached to rope). Boat was almost diagonal across the cut.

The OH clambered aboard and managed to get the rope back to me to re-peg.

Will probably get back and it'll be mine :D