A BIT BLOWEY

Richard Bustens

Featured Posts

Ouch.

It looks like being a good time to be a roofer.

Just to feel part of it all, can I whinge about losing half a packet of crisps whilst walking on the beach. The naughty wind just upped and took them. Grrr.

• 12 years later...
On 11/01/2005 at 5:47 PM, rustyduck said:

Ouch.

It looks like being a good time to be a roofer.

Just to feel part of it all, can I whinge about losing half a packet of crisps whilst walking on the beach. The naughty wind just upped and took them. Grrr.

Just wait until Doris blows in then, in twelve years time.

Edited by bizzard
  • Greenie 2

Is a gap of over 12 years between to adjacent posts in a thread a new forum record, or can anybody better it?

Actually, thinking about it, you can certainly do so by deliberately contriving to do so, so perhaps this question doesn't make a lot of sense!

1 minute ago, mross said:

It's a record, but it shows he did a search before starting a new thread!

He hasnt posted since july 2005 so I wonder if he ever got his boat or like so many just dissapeared into the mists of time...............................

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

And my lifering 

I've just fished a lifering out of the Coventry  Canal, painted in a peeling blue colour with orange bits showing through.

I've put on the back deck of DQ, so that the owner can easily retrieve it. 

Edited by cuthound
To unmangle the effects of autocorrect.

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

I've just fished a lifering out of the Coventry  Canal, painted in a peeling blue colour with orange bits showing through.

I've put on the back deck of DQ, so that the owner can easily retrieve it. 

Ive just nicked one off the hire fleet here :lol: dont tell anyone.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

He hasnt posted since july 2005 so I wonder if he ever got his boat or like so many just dissapeared into the mists of time...............................

If memory serves, Richard Bustens really did disappear, here one minute and then gone.  That really was a blast from the past and not just the wind.  John Orentas still owes me a pint after me standing him one, in the pub in Bugsworth basin.  Then there was Wynd lass, alias Minerva, she really was a tyke, in more ways than one, lol....happy days.

3 hours ago, johnmck said:

Wind is getting up here in North Lincolnshire at the moment. If it's similar at Twickenham, it will make the game more interesting!

It did! One could almost hear Jonny Wilkinson, who was a member of the commentary team, wincing as Farrell put kick after kick wide. Luckily his Italian opposite number was having similar wind trouble at the other end (if you see what I mean).

1 hour ago, NB Esk said:

If memory serves, Richard Bustens really did disappear, here one minute and then gone.

You perhaps missed the bit where he suddenly re-appeared briefly with a "new life partner", of, IIRC, very tender age.

I think he then vanished again quite quickly.

• 2 months later...