Escape From Loughborough

matty40s

Featured Posts

after moving approx 8 miles in 3 1/2 months and several failed attempts to escape, Saturday finally dawned and it was time to leave Loughborough at last.

Probably one of those days where you just don't want it to end, and also shows why river cruising is worth the occasional(!)flood or two....

• Greenie 2

Wow! That was grand - and so many good memories for us.

We're off up the River Severn next Saturday from Worcester to Stourport - I hope we get as nice a day as you did yesterday!

Hi matty, thamnks for the vid it looks great!

I tried to show the better half it on the tv through my kindle, it says the content has not been made available on mobiles - is there anything you can do to change it please?

thanks

paul

Great video Matty but a couple of corrections

Bishop Meadow does not have an 's' and Kegworth does not have a hall it does however have a rather lovely house called The Hermitage!! And why does Ratcliffes cloud machine come between Normanton and the White House (otter) ?

Enjoy your cruise

from your local pedant!

Beautiful video...I was down at Redhill yesterday getting my boat prepared for being trailered away, never saw you pass unless it was before 14.00 as I was at work in the morning.

Was a lovely day for boating, so jealous....

Makes a change too see so many boats making the most of the weather albiet still being so cold especially in the wind, just hope the floods are in the past now and we can all enjoy some river cruising

Unfortunately YouTube cannot play the vid on mobiles or tablets as it doesn't control the music content. sorry.

Richard, well spotted,PEDANTS r us, it was a real pain putting it together as i had to update the platform on a rubbish mobile signal and then it wouldn't publish..... took almost 8 hours altogether!!

Thanks to Richard the two pot is sounding better, unfortunately i have no footage of the exhaust chimbley fire as the crap inside mixed with too much unburnt diesel took alight as we neared Ratclife lock!!!

Twas indeed a wonderful cruise.

Thank you very much for posting that beautiful video, I don't mind the spelling errors at all, it's just the scenery and that absolutely gorgeous sound of your magic 2 pot Gardner running like new, not a puff of smoke from the exhaust.

I hope there will be many more nice cruising days like this to come, and some more videos too.

Peter.

after moving approx 8 miles in 3 1/2 months and several failed attempts to escape, Saturday finally dawned and it was time to leave Loughborough at last.

Probably one of those days where you just don't want it to end, and also shows why river cruising is worth the occasional(!)flood or two....

Nottingham bound I am informed?

Tim

Nottingham bound I am informed?

Tim

Not unless the video is setting a mis-direction.

Moving from Soar Mouth into the Sawley Cut means travelling away from Nottingham.

It is a nice video, though I'm not sure I needed any other soundtrack than the exhaust, especially when pushing against the current :-)

Thanks.

Not unless the video is setting a mis-direction.

Moving from Soar Mouth into the Sawley Cut means travelling away from Nottingham.

It is a nice video, though I'm not sure I needed any other soundtrack than the exhaust, especially when pushing against the current :-)

Thanks.

Ahh I didnt watch the video. Must be moored opposite our marina then unless escaped further afield. I am slightly aware of the direction of travel on the Trent ;)

Tim

I enjoyed the video. What a nice journey in the spring like sunshine. I have always enjoyed that stretch when we have traveled that way.

Hopefully the weather will be as kind to us when we are off for a while in the next few days.

Matty

Instead of posting a lovely video of the Soar, please inform all possible visitors to the River Soar of all the hardship & danger you have encountered during the winter. Of course this can also happen during our Summer after around 3mins of rain so beware.

The Soar is a terrible river, please keep all thoughts of navigating the Soar on your "Things to do another time" list.

Phew hopefully that will do...... :blush:

Matty - Will you return next winter ??????

Beautiful video...I was down at Redhill yesterday getting my boat prepared for being trailered away, never saw you pass unless it was before 14.00 as I was at work in the morning.

Was a lovely day for boating, so jealous....

Makes a change too see so many boats making the most of the weather albiet still being so cold especially in the wind, just hope the floods are in the past now and we can all enjoy some river cruising

Are you on the move as well?