Shoreline power

Diesel007

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Pretty new to the boat game, doing my research for a potential purchase in the future, so intend to learn lots first.

Looking like a widebeam would suit me, like the extra space at the moment which slightly swings it against the loss of waterway availability.

Two questions , where around Stratford-upon-Avon / WoRcester is a decent secure mooring for a 60x12

Also, one I looked at required a 32amp Shoreline supply! How does that work as the most I've seen so far is 16amp marina supply, doesn't this restrict the use of the boat to almost 100% use of the engine / batteries?

Probably gots loads more questions in time, be prepared

Regards

Hi all,

Pretty new to the boat game, doing my research for a potential purchase in the future, so intend to learn lots first.

Looking like a widebeam would suit me, like the extra space at the moment which slightly swings it against the loss of waterway availability.

Two questions , where around Stratford-upon-Avon / WoRcester is a decent secure mooring for a 60x12

Also, one I looked at required a 32amp Shoreline supply! How does that work as the most I've seen so far is 16amp marina supply, doesn't this restrict the use of the boat to almost 100% use of the engine / batteries?

Probably gots loads more questions in time, be prepared

Regards

Welcome - 16 amp is pretty much standard fare for shore power, sometimes even lower so going for a boat that needs 32 amp (what on earth has it got on it to require that much BTW) which is what I think you are saying will potentially limit your mooring options......

oh and welcome to the forum...

You do realise that if you have a widebeam with a mooring in Stratford/Worcester, if you want to go anywhere other than the Rivers Avon or Severn, you'll need to get a pilot to take you down the Severn Estuary into Bristol? And once in Bristol there's only one route along th K&A until you reach Reading.

There is nothing to stop you using an adaptor from 32 to 16 amp, you just need to be careful what use you make of it. If using a Victron Multi you can have a remote control which allows you to limit the shore supply, or rather the point at which the inverter starts adding power, by just dialling the amount.

Actually, I know of two sites in the North East which have 60 amp pillars with cards! DIY welding?

Regards

Pete

I think that your prospective boat has the capacity for 32amp rather than needing 32amp. The shoreline sockets are bigger and so the connection from your lead to the pylon will not fit. I have an adaptor which I have used to step up my 16amp adaptor to fit a 32amp pylon. (Never had to use it though)

Phil