Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

On Wednesday, March 01, 2017 at 21:02, Tiggers said:

We have a few!!! I shall be sure to keep all updated when we are ready :) we are very lucky to find wonderful owners for Corolla and Meteor, so hopefully can find similar for the rest

What's the interesting boat between Meteor and the tree line, looks like a shortened motor?

2 minutes ago, F DRAYKE said:

When do you intend bringing her down here, soon I hope, as Joy and me would love to come over and be nosey.

Fred

Won't be until after the Historic boat gathering at Alvecote (August Bank Holiday) as we are having some refit work done, Sarah is aiming for finishing the week before. If there is plenty of water in the Oxford Canal we will be coming down that way, so will stop at T n K overnight (find something to moor alongside).........

On 21/02/2017 at 11:46, alan_fincher said:

From the latest HNBC Magazine just received.

1936 "Large Woolwich" "Belfast" is offered for sale by the Dacorum Narrow Boat Project.

Recent survey shows "the metalwork is thin in some places and some considerable renovation work will be required".

Guide price: oiro £25K

EDIT: Acrually looking at associated Facebook "Narrowbpats for sale" page, they seem to accept the final sale price may be quite a bit less than the above. No expert, but from the single rather poor photo I found, looks like engine is an SR3, ST3 or similar, not a H series engine as might be more usual.

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=508114

1 hour ago, Derek R. said:

Draw some rabbits on your head. From a distance . . .

Yes I saw a cartoon in the newspaper once where a little girl was drawing on her grandad's bald head. Grandma was saying "Stop drawing rabbits on Grandad's head", and the little girl was answering "They're not rabbits, they're hares". 

18 hours ago, pete harrison said:

Been on sale while then from Alan's post, 20k on AD now in Petes link, with fair money needing spending on the bottom from what it says. Fair bit of boat though for the money. Quote The hull and engine room are original. The steel cabin and Boatmans’ cabin were added later as was the 3cyl Lister engine which is good running order. The interior fitting and insulation was done at a major refit in 1996.

Shame it's 72 ft long for me! I'd love it.

On 21/02/2017 at 11:46, alan_fincher said:

From the latest HNBC Magazine just received.

1936 "Large Woolwich" "Belfast" is offered for sale by the Dacorum Narrow Boat Project.

Recent survey shows "the metalwork is thin in some places and some considerable renovation work will be required".

Guide price: oiro £25K

EDIT: Actually looking at associated Facebook "Narrowboats for sale" page, they seem to accept the final sale price may be quite a bit less than the above. No expert, but from the single rather poor photo I found, looks like engine is an SR3, ST3 or similar, not a H series engine as might be more usual.

19 hours ago, pete harrison said:

They did well to get it up the slipway at Cow Roast - lesser boats have tried and failed that test.

Pictures are obviously not all current, and from a variety of dates.  I wonder why they have chosen one that seems to show most of the windows not present?  Odd they are not even apparently sure exactly what engine it has - you might have expected they might have needed to buy some bits for it by now.

It all depends how bad it is really, I guess.  £20K starting price would normally be a bargain, but I suspect the survey doesn't read too well at all.

It will still make more than the £400 which our family tendered for it in 1972, when it lay derelict on the Wendover Arm, though.

• Greenie 1

On 03/03/2017 at 20:48, junior said:

What's the interesting boat between Meteor and the tree line, looks like a shortened motor?

It is a boat built by Stuart Hooper many moons ago but now owned by his children Alan and Julie. Alan has been doing some remedial work on her but I believe he is hoping to get her back in soon

3 hours ago, Mendip-Locks said:

Been on sale while then from Alan's post, 20k on AD now in Petes link, with fair money needing spending on the bottom from what it says. Fair bit of boat though for the money. Quote The hull and engine room are original. The steel cabin and Boatmans’ cabin were added later as was the 3cyl Lister engine which is good running order. The interior fitting and insulation was done at a major refit in 1996.

Shame it's 72 ft long for me! I'd love it.

You wouldnt want mine then when in dock from tip of bow to very back of counter (not including the rudder) im at 72 feet and 1 & 1/4 inch. I was hoping it was a miss print when we get her but its not :-(

Think ill try the welsh cut

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Tiggers said:

It is a boat built by Stuart Hooper many moons ago but now owned by his children Alan and Julie. Alan has been doing some remedial work on her but I believe he is hoping to get her back in soon

One of 3 (or perhaps 4) built in the north west some years ago by their (then) respective owners from plans.

Ellis Dee, Etherow and Tetrad.  Detail differences but all are nice looking boats.

George ex nb Alton retired