Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, rivergate said:

:) ..I was thinking a small Woolwich but the liner funnel had me wondering if Id gone mad and it was a big one.. :) 

The liner funnels fitted to the ex GUCC boats when they were converted to Waterbusses were large, they were added to contain the Calor Gas bottle. Here is a photo of the funnel fitted to the Small Northwich - Pisces (Waterbus Water Sprite):-

1968Coventry Canal Birmingham.jpg

Edited by David Schweizer

Water wagtail/Corollas restoration is almost complete but she has already been sold, hence the restoration! I wish I could say she was sold to myself (being Canis' original intended motor) but a good friend of mine, Tim Barrett, bought her from Keith a couple of years ago and had the yard (Dave Linney) restore her.

We do indeed still have Hampstead and Baroness amongst some other interesting boats.

2 minutes ago, stagedamager said:

And she's looking rather nice too. :)

She's looking bloody lovely! Just finished riveting the cabin, only a few weeks of steel work left. The funnel has been rescued although may not be going back on the boat.. yet!

44 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Now you are asking - it's caused me a senior moment.

Corolla, I think, which became a BW Waterbus - probably Water Wagtail?

I remember Keith trying sell me Corolla many years ago, think it was more of a spur of the moment quip as i was having a good look at her..

15 hours ago, Tiggers said:

Water wagtail/Corollas restoration is almost complete but she has already been sold, hence the restoration! I wish I could say she was sold to myself (being Canis' original intended motor) but a good friend of mine, Tim Barrett, bought her from Keith a couple of years ago and had the yard (Dave Linney) restore her.

We do indeed still have Hampstead and Baroness amongst some other interesting boats.

Nice to know its still about, but you cant have her engine back, not just yet anyways.

22 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What's wrong with the funnel then?

I was wondering if the cargo might be available to buy too...

It's rotten and the boat is being restored to its GU days, not its trip boat days

4 hours ago, Tiggers said:

It's rotten and the boat is being restored to its GU days, not its trip boat days

Another piece of history to be lost and another "as it came out of the box" boat appears... which is best to have?

28 minutes ago, Laurence Hogg said:

Another piece of history to be lost and another "as it came out of the box" boat appears... which is best to have?

The funnel and the roof have been kept and preserved as the current owner would like to some day put it back to a trip boat but they were not fit for use. 

Always good to actual ask questions before passing judgement?

• Greenie 1

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 19:44, Tiggers said:

...so what other interesting boats do you have then..?  :)

8 minutes ago, rivergate said:

...so what other interesting boats do you have then..?  :)

We have a few!!! I shall be sure to keep all updated when we are ready :) we are very lucky to find wonderful owners for Corolla and Meteor, so hopefully can find similar for the rest

I remember meteor from years ago but cant remember where from would have been 20 odd years ago.

If was me i would have had the funnel rebuilt or repaired and put back on, try and keep all the history you can together no boat will be as it was from new, if you want that might as well just have a new full on exact copy made with all new parts but to exact original spec. And then you have lost what you were trying to save the history.

7 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

I remember meteor from years ago but cant remember where from would have been 20 odd years ago.

If was me i would have had the funnel rebuilt or repaired and put back on, try and keep all the history you can together no boat will be as it was from new, if you want that might as well just have a new full on exact copy made with all new parts but to exact original spec. And then you have lost what you were trying to save the history.

At Langley Mill opposite your dad's boats. Meteor is soon to return to the same mooring. regards, HughC.

9 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

If you tried to repair the funnel to put back on the boat, there would be nothing original of it left. I would rather see it preserved than butchered

• Greenie 1

Ah yer was prob L M!

If cant use old one a perfect copy would still be nice. But thats just me, why im putting the hand rails back on towy cant be originals but will be as close a copy as i can get.

41 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Ah yer was prob L M!

If cant use old one a perfect copy would still be nice. But thats just me, why im putting the hand rails back on towy cant be originals but will be as close a copy as i can get.

Will you put her tanked hold back in..?  ...not very usable? but looks nice :)