what 5 things on your boat would you grab in an emergency

davidc

Featured Posts

The school my youngest goes to have a book club there have posed this question to book club members?

Which 5 books would there grab in an emergency.

Got me thinking which 5 things on your boat would you grab in an emergency (excluding pets, children and other halve).

If the flames are licking at your backside, you haven't got time to grab anything - just get out with your life and the lives of your loved ones intact!

This reminds me that, in my seagoing days, you had a "grab bag" which contained all the stuff you might need if you had to abandon ship fast.

With more time, I'd probably grab phone, car keys, wallet, iPad, laptop.

Edited by Richard10002

Books in an emergency? What?

I wouldn't stop to browse the shelves, books can (usually) be replaced - and are far less important than people and pets - and I own thousands of books.

The only place I'd consider stopping to grab books would be the British Library, or another place with irreplaceable books - but I wouldn't risk the lives of myself or others.

What would I grab on the way out of the boat with the rest of the important things (family and dog)? My bag, it contains: keys, phone, money, small toolkits, kindle, (and a set of dice from 4 sided to 100 sided - don't ask!).

Perhaps the question is badly phrased - is this really a version of "Desert Island Books"?

Books in an emergency? What?

I wouldn't stop to browse the shelves, books can (usually) be replaced - and are far less important than people and pets - and I own thousands of books.

The only place I'd consider stopping to grab books would be the British Library, or another place with irreplaceable books - but I wouldn't risk the lives of myself or others.

What would I grab on the way out of the boat with the rest of the important things (family and dog)? My bag, it contains: keys, phone, money, small toolkits, kindle, (and a set of dice from 4 sided to 100 sided - don't ask!).

Perhaps the question is badly phrased - is this really a version of "Desert Island Books"?

Please reread

?????? You are all a bit keen to abandon ship!!!

1. Tiller

2. Throttle control

... (drives the boat out of danger/emergency) ...

3. ummmmm.....cup of tea?

4. I dunno now....hat?

5. nope, can't think of a fifth item which is that important

:o in a fire?

Please reread

My comment was intended that the question asked of the children was stupid. You wouldn't grab books in an emergency.

Which 5 books would there grab in an emergency.

After that I answered with what I would grab in an emergency.

My bag, it contains: keys, phone, money, small toolkits, kindle, (and a set of dice from 4 sided to 100 sided - don't ask!).

Then I suggested what perhaps the original question (about books) was meant to be getting at.

What's wrong with that, or have I missunderstood the 'please reread'?