Upside down radiators.

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

All this science chat is fine, but if you mount radiators upside down they'll fall off the brackets :o

How come? All the radiators I have ever seen have two pairs of prefabricated steel strips spot welded to the back, and they slot onto brackets screwed to the wall. As the steel strips are the same distance from the top and bottom of the radiator, the wall brackets do net even need moving if you turn the radiator upside down.

How come? All the radiators I have ever seen have two pairs of prefabricated steel strips spot welded to the back, and they slot onto brackets screwed to the wall. As the steel strips are the same distance from the top and bottom of the radiator, the wall brackets do net even need moving if you turn the radiator upside down.

Oh dear, that's right, if the brackets were upside down the rads would fall off :wub:

I must remember to try to be helpful, as cheeky isn't working out!

ETA most modern rads have 1/2 " bsp ports in all four corners, so everything is interchageable. You could go in top/ out opposite bottom, i think there are pics of blackrose's install somewhere on here.

Edited by ridders