Terrible day for one poor bloke!

GSer

Featured Posts

Any more news on this Gser? The 'hirers' were moored round our way for the last couple of months after "buying" the boat, seemed like a decent pair. Admittedly they did dump 5*5litre empty water bottles on the river bank, a heinous offence in my eyes, but not exactly an arrestable one!

I'm hopeful it was all a misunderstanding. Maybe a little too hopeful! If it isn't, it's shocking how easy it was for them to do this under the many normally watchful & inquisitive narrowboaters noses!

I dont understand why people hand over money for an unregistered vessel.When marine mortgages were the normal way of buying a boat,the vessel HAD to be registered as a British ship.Same system for a yacht,narrow boat or the Queen Mary.You had to swear in front of a commisioner of oaths that you own 65/65ths of the vessel.O.K. a bit of hassle,but you knew when you paid the money,the boat was yours.I now register my boat on the small ship register.Not as good as full registration,but at least you are registered with the M.C.A.(Renewable every 5 years).Is it worth £25 to prove your ownership of a £100,000 boat?