My live aboard 20 years ago

OldPeculier

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Mostly to old peculiar ,but any one who followed my outboard to inboard conversion,never again,

i  slipped it at burton waters last week for a leak test and trim test,all was well,

i recon the 13x8 props no good as it does 3 mph on tickover I've no controll at mooring up etc,I need a bit of a rethink in that department but it steers and generally does as it's told Video is anyhow ,but gives you a bit of idea how it's all fitted in to a little waterbug,well it's about 25 ft now after all the mods,anyway it's back home now to finish off all remaining jobs and with a bit of luck 

finish it by Easter        Sorry I'm struggling to attach anything  I'll post it on its own

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

"Windows Media Player has encountered a problem".

A pretty common thing for WMP to have. It sucks hugely. Do yourself a favour and install VLC Media Player. 

Yes it's far to fast, I had just slipped it for a engine / prop and leak test after a few months alterations on it

13x8 prop is far to big.   And they don't make any less pitch for a Enfield  than 8

16 hours ago, Crow said:

Yes it's far to fast, I had just slipped it for a engine / prop and leak test after a few months alterations on it

13x8 prop is far to big.   And they don't make any less pitch for a Enfield  than 8

Keep it. It would make a novel change for us not to be stuck behind a slow moving narrowboat :)

• 2 weeks later...

Neil thank you,   Any thing will be better than cutting up a brand new one  I've only just paid £200 for,      tell me what you want for them ,doesn't matter how rough they are I'll weld them up or alter pitch to what I think might work, it's left hand  I need,   maybe if I turn it round Itl slow things up a bit. Cheers nick

I've had to make a little deck so I can play about with props when its in the water,I've acquired a 10 inch  and unknown pitch 

prop to try,it looks like it's had some  bad surgery in the past,Itl give me a better understanding on what I need,well it's something to compare to my 13 inch  to and I'd sooner it be real low power as there's some expensive boats at burton waters and I want to be in controll of it  rather than the other way round 

IMG_3295.JPG

IMG_3296.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3299.JPG

IMG_3300.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3292.JPG

IMG_3293.JPG

I'm hopefully getting it in water over Easter, I've welded a 40 MM stainless flexy pipe and it's at the he back of the transom,I'm trying it as it is in the water,and I can lift it out to make any mods to it if needed, I've enough length on it to swing it 90 deg then 

fit another 90  and put a stack pipe on if I have to

Don't forget you need the boat to stop as well.

Its no good propping it to make forward progress slower if it struggles to actually stop the boat!

ETA: That prop looks shocking by the way. I wouldn't be fitting that to my boat :o

Edited by Naughty Cal

cal, if you see me performing    Ffs Keep out the way ,I don't want any insurance claims.   That old prop is for a bit of a test

ii may even pull it on to the fossdyke from the slip,,don't want anymore excitement at that site for a bit

Just now, Crow said:

cal, if you see me performing    Ffs Keep out the way ,I don't want any insurance claims.   That old prop is for a bit of a test

ii may even pull it on to the fossdyke from the slip,,don't want anymore excitement at that site for a bit

You can't be any worse then most of the boat owners in there :lol:

No prob not but when I put in in last week with all that wind my gear cable came off all I had was forward and nothing,

that was real exciting only thing I could do was turn engine on/ off and try to let the wind help me,took a bit of getting back on trailer,

Just now, Crow said:

No prob not but when I put in in last week with all that wind my gear cable came off all I had was forward and nothing,

that was real exciting only thing I could do was turn engine on/ off and try to let the wind help me,took a bit of getting back on trailer,

When are you testing her out again?

If I get my finger out,Saturday ,   there's more and more jobs to do on it,decided to get a Crx 80 fridge as fed up with messing about with a cool box ,fitting it and altering cupboard space to suit is a challenge in its self