My live aboard 20 years ago

OldPeculier

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, Crow said:

If I get my finger out,Saturday ,   there's more and more jobs to do on it,decided to get a Crx 80 fridge as fed up with messing about with a cool box ,fitting it and altering cupboard space to suit is a challenge in its self

Ah. We will miss you again. 

We are heading out onto the Trent for a few days when Liam gets back from work tonight.

35 minutes ago, Crow said:

Got as far as gunthorpe last year,,,it's nice scenery on the way

Yes it is.

Not sure how far we are going yet. We are booked into The Muskham Ferry tomorrow evening for some food.

Not sure where we are headed on Sunday but we think we want to be back at Dunham on Monday evening. So wo t be venturing too far. Perhaps Hazelford.

At least your out my way if I do get it launched ,am swapping twin lever morse to single lever as on a outboard,as i found it hard to 

use in a hurry ,and I'm not wanting any dramas

37 minutes ago, Crow said:

At least your out my way if I do get it launched ,am swapping twin lever morse to single lever as on a outboard,as i found it hard to 

use in a hurry ,and I'm not wanting any dramas

We have friends with a big Sea Ray that has twin twin lever controls.

He assured us it is easy to use; but there are too many levers for my liking!

Up date on peppermint pig,  exhaust in the water is no problem,and the 13x8 prop I was worried about is ok now I've got my engine speed down,and it's more controllable with a single lever controll ,I've managed to fit a lawnmower throttle and cable to the stop controll arm and position it in a place just before the engine stops,this takes all the free play out the pump rack and stops the 

Engine hunting , and reduces tickover speed as well,I've still got electric stop seloniod wired to key

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG