Funny looking boat outside The Globe Southern GU

Marky_Mark

Featured Posts

I don't think BW have yet introduced the proposed very short stay mooring limits there yet, have they?

Gives them a bit more time to get it out before it collects a patrol notice.

Seriously though, based on recent history in these parts, I now predict money will be spent erecting bollards or barriers there....

163341_10151292640007159_686546197_n.jpg

And yes, it is clearly a local taxi.......................

Edited by alan_fincher

If this was a boat there would be sympathy and offers of help.

Someone has probably lost their livelihood at a time of year when they could have expected to make some extra money.

Good point - however we don't know there has not been in the real world (as opposed to CDF World)

Someone has probably lost their livelihood at a time of year when they could have expected to make some extra money.

being a local taxi he should have been driving down there more carefully, i bet he didnt even get wet its that shallow.

Unless you own a crane, or can lend them another plated cab, I'm not sure what help most of us could offer.

Personally I find it very worrying if the owner of a licensed cab can manage that at that location - that could have been full of unsuspecting passengers some of whom might not have been as lucky as the result has apparently ended up being.

Pity there wasn't a boat moored there with one of those planked over holds, might have saved him. (Or dare I suggest, her ?)

I own a boat with a planked over hold, but trust me, at that location the planed over hold wouldn't enter in to it. Any vehicle attempting to leave the towpath where a boat was moored would potentially put a dent into the boat, or at least take off some blacking, but would certainly be too low down to end up on a decked area!

Parking must be a bit of a bugger round there! :rolleyes:

I reckon (in the rush to condemn the driver) it's just been a simple error, they have tipped a wheel over the edge and the centre of gravity inherent in it being a tall people carrier carried it over.