More Flood alerts Dec 19

Rob@BSSOffice

Featured Posts

Anyone on their boats tonight in the West or South West please take care:

there's flood alerts for the Avon in the Bath-Bristol, Upper Thames, R Severn Worcs-Gloucs areas, also glancing at the Midlands page; Trent Tributaries and the R. Soar and many, many more (119 at the time of posting)

• is your boat moored safely to take account of higher water levels ?
  • Will you have good access if water levels rise?
  • Is your shoreline/generator safe?
  • Are you deck boards effective at stopping heavy rain or is your bilge pump in place?

and ...

• Are your non-online neighbours aware?

From Twitter: Environment AgencySW ‏@EnvAgencySW

Prolonged heavy rain expected across the SW tonight, stay safe, stay #floodaware http://bit.ly/rJuViD

Not sure what is occurring here ......

We've had a fair bit of rain today , so checked EA gauges on the Wreake & Soar - These are showing normal levels , but as per your post there are warnings in force for the Sence , Wreake & Soar.

Without a call or visit don't know which is correct !

We had warnings for the lower Trent earlier in the week with the flood gates shut at Torksey on Monday so I expect levels are quite high.

Not great news really as the ground is saturated so any water will just run off into the rivers causing bigger flooding issues.

For all those not tucked up safely on flood protected moorings stay safe!

• Greenie 1

This must be a first after previous complaints, they are actually issueing warnings BEFORE the floods hit, not after.

Sawley Flood lock was teetering in the red at 1pm today, that must have been it's lowest point for over a week.

The Soar was amber at lunchtime, however, nudging red now.

The EA water level guages show dropping levels, so perhaps they have people on the ground now, and are looking at precipitation on the way.

Hmm perhaps they are just anticipating the weekends very heavy rain. For anywhere with high water levels at the minute it could be an interesting weekend!

I have just been out to check my ropes and the water has risen a foot since 9pm last night when RWLP and myself docked.

It is now less than 6" from topping the towpath above Barrow Deep so I guess this is where I'm spending Christmas.

I have just been out to check my ropes and the water has risen a foot since 9pm last night when RWLP and myself docked.

It is now less than 6" from topping the towpath above Barrow Deep so I guess this is where I'm spending Christmas.

That would tend to confirm how the Trent will be going. Means we don't need to set off in the dark and wet in the hope the Trent would be OK today.It's been raining most of the time since about 5 last night.

That would tend to confirm how the Trent will be going. Means we don't need to set off in the dark and wet in the hope the Trent would be OK today.It's been raining most of the time since about 5 last night.

At 1pm yesterday the Sawley gauge was still a cm in the red. It's not so much the Trent but the Derwent which would make it a no no today.

Derwent at Wilne

ChartImage.jpg?Id=319&ChartType=Graph

Looks like we will be spending Christmas locked in the marina!

Still at least we will be safe.

We are at Weston, lock 4. Where are you? going to look for a marina myself shortly. Edited by Kiwidad

We are at Weston, lock 4. Where are you? going to look for a marina myself shortly.

I think you are going to be limited to Millar Marine in Shardlow or Crockers Farm if you can cadge a spare mooring (PM andywatson on here to see if he knows of any empty berths). To get to shardlow marina or Sawley involves the river!!.

Otherwise above shardlow lock, opposite millar marine or outside the two pubs is the likely visitor mooring spaces.

I think you are going to be limited to Millar Marine in Shardlow or Crockers Farm if you can cadge a spare mooring (PM andywatson on here to see if he knows of any empty berths). To get to shardlow marina or Sawley involves the river!!.

Otherwise above shardlow lock, opposite millar marine or outside the two pubs is the likely visitor mooring spaces.

I can reverse :P

Witham ar Bardney holding its own but only just.will probably come up again later as the flood Island is still under water from last week.Don't think we're going up the Trent any time soon,

Stay safe out there.

Paddy

Millar Marine is full, may have to reverse back 3 bridges to sarsons bridge winding :o

Many!

13.15 today

Met Office warnings ‏@metofficeYorks

Yellow Alert of Rain for Yorkshire & Humber : North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Y... http://bit.ly/VaNDLa

Retweeted by North Yorkshire Fire

Yorkshire boaters, speak to your mooring neighbours and club members,let them know.

Be prepared, be cautious.

Ok, I know you have all missed it...

http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/live-webcams/north/Ouse/York/

Oh, thanks for that, never seen it before..... :D

River Wallington near Fareham has just been issued with a severe flood warning, the flood has reached the top of defences, and the defences have started to crack so a full evacuation has been ordered.

Ok, I know you have all missed it...

http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/live-webcams/north/Ouse/York/

Great link Nigel - the Thames at Henley is now at the limits I see.

No Anglian rivers though

So for my fellow Anglian boaters, try this Live Flood Map

It's not looking good for the Cam, Gt. Ouse, Nene, Welland or Witham