Radar Key

Gazboatman

Featured Posts

Radar keys only open disabled toilets as far as I know.

think you're right. It's a nationwide scheme for disabled people to purchase a key which gives access to public loos. Need proof of diasability to buy one though.

I think Gazboatman knows exactly what a Radar key is. I will give him the credit of enquiring whether a disabled persons toilet, locked at night, can still be accessed with one.

Edited by David Schweizer

I think Gazboatman knows exactly what a Radar key is. I will give him the credit of enquiring whether a disabled persons toilet, locked at night, can still be accessed with one.

Hmmm, I didn't ask the original question, Leeco did, in my name for some reason..

But I have seen them mentioned on here before, and did wonder what they were for.

Edited by Gazboatman

No you don't....

And it's urban myth that you need to be disabled to use one....

Strictly speaking you are correct as a number of non-disabled people (myself included) have conditions which make them eligible to use one. The RADAR key scheme is voluntary rather than stautory however, I suspect that if the suppliers of the keys do not secure verification of a purchaser's right to have one, they would be in breach of the rules of the scheme, and could theoreticly be prevented from continuing to market what is a restricted use product.

Strictly speaking you are correct as a number of non-disabled people (myself included) have conditions which make them eligible to use one. The RADAR key scheme is voluntary rather than stautory however, I suspect that if the suppliers of the keys do not secure verification of a purchaser's right to have one, they would be in breach of the rules of the scheme, and could theoreticly be prevented from continuing to market what is a restricted use product.

Like David I have one but hey are huge and not something you could easily add to your key ring.