Boat Hunting

Kiwipeter

Featured Posts

Thinking of getting a liveaboard next March (next time I am in UK) - I will be using Bicester as my base so can anyone point me at a broker who has a good range of boats I can look over (for ideas even if I don't buy outright). Initial thoughts are a 60' semi trad at the upper end of the price range.

Peter

Actually it is not if you have ever compared boat ads with the real thing when you visit - I am after a broker within striking distance of Bicester where I can physically walk a range of boats.

Will you have a car to use, if so Crick, Braunston, Stow Hill, Wilton come to mind.

Thinking of getting a liveaboard next March (next time I am in UK) - I will be using Bicester as my base so can anyone point me at a broker who has a good range of boats I can look over (for ideas even if I don't buy outright). Initial thoughts are a 60' semi trad at the upper end of the price range.

Peter

Have a look online at Towpath Talk for ideas.

Steve

Peter

I am just up the road 20miles, and have done years as a liveaboard, If you want help it would give me something to do.

Being a returned expat from Chch NZ I too am looking for a new one.

Why not employ Matty40S to do the legwork for you like he did for Kiwidad?

I second that. I came up with a list of requirements, and examples of boats that I found on the internet.

Then I used Matty40s's services to give me advice, narrow down the list and add others.

When I got to the UK, Matty then drove me around to look at our shortlist and gave extremely valuable advice.

Worth every penny and highly recommended.

Don't restrict yourself to one broker or one area. There are great boats out there, but also a lot of rubbish, and some very creative photography <_<

You will know the right one when you find it, and with help, will get it at the right price as well.

Edited by Kiwidad