Potential Drama Unfolding

Up-Side-Down

Featured Posts

The 'Direct' was the only thing that worked with for me in the past and have carried on with that but now I see it does with my Galaxy Note smartphone, when I get to use the computer I will see if it now works on that. Maybe Photobucket's upgraded site fixed it for me?

I have still to successfully post a single image or link from my android phone or Tablet.

You, Sir, are a geek! ;)

I have still to successfully post a single image or link from my android phone or Tablet.

You, Sir, are a geek! ;)

To post images and links etc on my Galaxy Note I switch to 'Full Version'.

I can't be arsed to use a PC any more for most things, my Note is so fast and easy to use especially with its S pen stylus, PC seems cumbersome by comparison, only thing I miss is MS Paint, be nice if there was an android version.

Nowt wrong with being a geek in my book.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue chappie has recorded a video which is now on the local paper website(after the advert) here timed at 13:28:

York Press

It seems the "house boat" person needed supplies! Will we see him going back?

Or this might be a better link My link

Hope that one of the firepeople pushed the boat person's trolley round Sainsbugs and helped him carry his bags back to the inflatable. Was a fire appliance employed to ferry the members of the shopping expedition 'twixt river bank and supermarket? Did this journey warrant 'blues and twos'? And was a risk assessment required before entering the store?

So many questions the scope of which were so neatly summed up by the Forum member who posted 'The Sad Demise of Common Sense' earlier in this thread.

Hope that one of the firepeople pushed the boat person's trolley round Sainsbugs and helped him carry his bags back to the inflatable....

One would hope that, once the boater was "rescued", he was put ashore and the Fire Service will refuse to return him to a dangerous situation.

Do Sainsbury sell dinghies?

One would hope that, once the boater was "rescued", he was put ashore and the Fire Service will refuse to return him to a dangerous situation.

Could somebody please enlighten me about this situation.

Over the last couple of days there have been a number of posters who have appeared to be stuck on board boats, and a few bits of advice which I read as the equivalent of batten down the hatches" and make sure you can adjust your ropes as the river rise.

Now it seems people feel this guy should have left his boat while he had the chance before the river got so high.

To the uninitiated it seems as if it is OK for some to stay (stuck) on their boat and try to keep it safe while for others it is a no-no.

What am I missing?

it depends on the situation and where the boat is. The York situation is probably slightly different as the water rises metres above normal rather than feet, and there is nothing where the two boats are to keep them away from the bankside when it rises.

If someone is stuck in a lock or on pontoons, they can rise up by looping the ropes, and possibly put scaffold poles/boat poles down the sides to stop their boats going over the towpath/bank.

Someone I know was telling me how he spent the entire 2007 floods on the upper Thames with his boat tied to a tree with him on it. He seemed to think that was perfectly normal and quite acceptable. He had enough supplies and water for the entire time.

Someone I know was telling me how he spent the entire 2007 floods on the upper Thames with his boat tied to a tree with him on it.

I think it depends on how independent you are.

I hear of the fire services being called to pump out sunken boats time and time again yet I have only once ever contemplated calling them and this was more to shame BW into action rather than actually needing their assistance (and it worked).

I use Photobucket..

Clcik upload, top center of screen.

Then Browse Files, then select the image I want, stored on my computer, then click upload.

Once it's uploaded, a thumbnail picture apears below, which I then click on.

Then once the picture has loaded up, click on 'IGM code' which is placed to the right of the larger image.

It should then go yellow and say 'copied'.

Then just paste the code into the reply box on here.

Easy.

I don't have or want photobucket or flickr. so i'll just not bother in future. :banghead:

On the EA Viking recorder the levels have started to creep up inch (0.03 metres in EAspeak) by inch since dusk, after what appeared to be a pretty static level during the day. I guess the river is responding to what's fallen in the Yorkshire Dales during the day.

My guesstimate is that the hull of the nb will clear the railings if the Ouse rises another 12 - 16" unless she's a very deep draughted boat. I fear this is the night that the crews will need to worry about.

Edited by Up-Side-Down