Chimney top

Sanddancer

Featured Posts

Hello could anybody help me please? I've a 9cm dia flu coming through the roof of the boat and now i need a new chimney (12 inches) what diameter should i buy only seam to see 6 inch but will this not be too big to fit the flu?

Thanks for helping

I take it that is not a flu for a multifuel stove. It does seem a bit small for one of those. I would assume that if it's for a gas or diesel type heater the best place would be the manufacturer. However, Smokeyjoes does various sized chimneys as well as other stuff. www.smokiejoes.co.uk

Hmm sorry messed up the link but that's the web site.

Pete

Hi Pete

no it goes into a larger flu which then goes to a solid fuel stove.

I take it that is not a flu for a multifuel stove. It does seem a bit small for one of those. I would assume that if it's for a gas or diesel type heater the best place would be the manufacturer. However, Smokeyjoes does various sized chimneys as well as other stuff. www.smokiejoes.co.uk

Hmm sorry messed up the link but that's the web site.

Pete

Okay not a standard size then for that application so you may well have a problem getting one of the correct size. Smokeyjoes do make their chimneys up I believe so they may be able to fabricate one for you.

Pete

If I am reading this right you should never step down a flue size, if it starts four inch at the fire it should remain four inch or bigger never smaller.

While I would not use a flue less than 4" in any case, I would be quite happy to use a reducing adaptor in sizes larger than this, and they are widely available.

Chris Smith makes stainless steel chimneys to order. I dont have his contact details but somebody on here will have them.

And he makes damned good chimneys too! (I'm a satisfied customer)

Strongly suggest you get a twin wall, Andy will make it so that it fits your chimney perfectly (so no tar stains down your paintwork!)

email is christopher dot smith at btinternet.com

I'll pm you his mobile number......

Dave